Sennheiser HD 448 vs 438?
Aug 4, 2010 at 9:49 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

XxAlterWavexX

New Head-Fier
So guys, I've finally narrowed it down to these two for my portable listening needs. Here, the situation is very tricky. You see, I would rather buy the Senn's HD 438 (I've heard these are better for rock, which is what I intend to listen to) and there's more punch in the bass, but if I decide on these, I would have to buy them online at around $89.95. Now, my sister works at Compusa and over there, only the HD 448 is available. However, thanks to her employee discount, she can bag them for just $65. So my question to you guys is: Should I take the plunge and buy the 448 at $65 these next few days, even though they're better suited for classical and jazz and lack bass, or should I just order the 438 from Amazon and pay more + wait a few more days? Are they really that different? Is it worth it? Thanks in advance
smile_phones.gif

EDIT: Sorry about the poll double 448 >_> Don't know how to change that so just pretend the SECOND option are the 438.
biggrin.gif

Aug 5, 2010 at 7:34 PM Post #4 of 7
HD 438 has a more neutral sound signature, with better bass extension than the HD 448. I'd say for $15 more, it's worth buying something you know you won't regret.

In terms of sound quality, I hear the HD 4x8 series are pretty much the same across the board. Don't worry about losing anything with the HD 438.

Aug 6, 2010 at 12:55 PM Post #5 of 7
Thanks guys, but I finally (after a grueling decision and many reviews read), decided to buy the ATH-m50 from a trusted eBay seller for $98 + shipping, so I hopr I made the right decision 
smily_headphones1.gif
Any thoughts? Agree/Disagree?

Sep 1, 2010 at 1:11 AM Post #7 of 7
I'd buy the 438 almost immediately if they weren't so ridiculously ugly and bling!

In fact, give me the 438 with the 448 looks. Totally yes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back