Sennheiser HD 438 vs 448
Jul 10, 2011 at 11:11 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

radicalchamp

New Head-Fier
I am wondering which is a better. I want something with good sound quality overall and a  of bass,considerable amount I've read that the hd 448's have inadequate bass for tehcno, electro, house, trance. I am also wondering if I get the hd 438's will the enhanced bass make the songs that have mainly vocals in them sound deep and howled or will they sound just like the hd 448's, as I've read that they have crisp sound quality. I mainly listen to tehcno, hip-hop, house, trance, RnB and also songs with mainly vocals.

Jul 10, 2011 at 11:25 PM Post #2 of 9

Quote:
I am wondering which is a better. I want something with good sound quality overall and a  of bass,considerable amount I've read that the hd 448's have inadequate bass for tehcno, electro, house, trance. I am also wondering if I get the hd 438's will the enhanced bass make the songs that have mainly vocals in them sound deep and howled or will they sound just like the hd 448's, as I've read that they have crisp sound quality. I mainly listen to tehcno, hip-hop, house, trance, RnB and also songs with mainly vocals.

Electronica on Senn is like putting rocks through a tree mulcher
It will sound the same, but somehow, as you notice it, it won't be the same
And your begonias will die from weeds....

Either way, the difference is the 4X8 line is the X increases sound and price

Can you afford anything more?

Sony MDR-V6 would be a whole lot better.
Sony MDr-7506 would be even better

Jul 11, 2011 at 1:02 AM Post #3 of 9
I looked up those headphones and noticed that their impedance is also higher (63 Ohms), which means I'd need a very good amp to power those and I'm not willing to spend like 150$ on an amp (maybe in the future). I'm thinking of buying the Fiio E5 and I will be mostly using these with my laptop but will also be using them from my phone/mp3 (nexus one). Sorry I should've mentioned that. 

Jul 11, 2011 at 3:06 AM Post #4 of 9
Don't get the senns for electronic music...
As a noob some time ago i got the 448 for the exact use you want them because they were cheap..
After some listening i knew that these were not the right cans for me...
Total lack of bass,not good isolation and very thin sound...
When i tried M50's for about 5 minutes i immediately gave 448's to my sister and until know i've never put them on my ears..

Jul 11, 2011 at 8:10 AM Post #5 of 9

Quote:

Heya,

I wouldn't get either of them.

The HD438 has the same response as the HD448, except is more colored towards low frequency.

M50 over both. Otherwise, start looking at other options from Grado/Shure/Ultrasone.

Budget? Preferences for open/closed?

Very best,

Jul 12, 2011 at 1:25 AM Post #6 of 9

Quote:
Heya,

I wouldn't get either of them.

The HD438 has the same response as the HD448, except is more colored towards low frequency.

M50 over both. Otherwise, start looking at other options from Grado/Shure/Ultrasone.

Budget? Preferences for open/closed?

Very best,

Hey thanks for all the input guys I've started to see that these senns aren't the best choice. The thing is that I can get the 438s or 448s for about 65$ on amazon UK and the M50 cost 131$. That's too much for me, any other suggestions? I'm willing to spend upto 100$ (obviously not retail price). I need closed design headphones.

Jul 12, 2011 at 3:09 AM Post #7 of 9

Quote:

Hey thanks for all the input guys I've started to see that these senns aren't the best choice. The thing is that I can get the 438s or 448s for about 65$ on amazon UK and the M50 cost 131$. That's too much for me, any other suggestions? I'm willing to spend upto 100$ (obviously not retail price). I need closed design headphones.

Do yourself a favor and save some money..
Then go get Ultrasone HFI 580/DJ1..
After you can thank as.....
wink.gif

Jul 18, 2011 at 4:38 PM Post #9 of 9
Hey man don't do this..
Reconsider and take my advice for granted...
I also got M50 as my first can for tehcno, electro, house, trance and i thought that i hit the jakpot..
But when i got my hands on DJ1 then i realised that i should have bought them first instead of M50...
It is not only bass that makes a pair of cans suitable for electronic..
DJ1 is better in all the sound spectrum...
You just have to get used to S-logic...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back