Sennheiser HD 428 or Shure shr440?
Mar 28, 2011 at 7:39 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

enclavebob

New Head-Fier
So i have approx. $100 CDN to spend on new headphones.
I have narrowed my choices down to the Sennheiser HD428s and the Shure srh440s. 
My only concern with the HD428 is the thin cord and the general flimsy build of the headphones. I feel that i would break them very easily as i am generally rough with my stuff. I would use my headphones mostly for home use and would sometimes bring it to school so portability would be a plus. 
I could also get a used pair of Shures for approx. $80 but i'm not sure of the condition of the headphones(though i doubt they would be in bad condtion and would probably get all the stuff that was shipped in the box). 
any help with this would be of great help, thanks. 

Edit: Also i have a friend willing to sell me Sony MDR-V700 DJ headphones for $80 (just the headphones i believe) or i could buy XB500 (or 700s) from bestbuy for $70. 

Mar 28, 2011 at 7:59 PM Post #3 of 6
I generally listen to a mix or Hiphop, rock, and house. Bass isn't really that important i just need the headphones to have decent-good bass.
The I've never had "full sized" headphones before, but my last pair of earbuds were the skullcandy smokin' buds (worst purchase i have ever made) 

Mar 28, 2011 at 8:48 PM Post #5 of 6
Probably the Shure's are your best bet. They have a detachable cable and fold up for transportation...an aspect that i like personally. 

Mar 28, 2011 at 9:21 PM Post #6 of 6
try the XB500, you can always return them if you dont like em

Users who are viewing this thread

Back