Sennheiser HD 280 Pro coming my way
Apr 1, 2009 at 4:33 AM Post #46 of 51
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Machine /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think it was already premeditated that I will get the HD 555 as well, but more as a variant then an upgraded. I am a person who likes to alternate, as it is with many other things in life.

Exactly. The HD555 is not necessarily an upgrade. It all depends on what you want.

Apr 1, 2009 at 11:53 AM Post #47 of 51
Quote:

Originally Posted by priest /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Okay, okay! I'll buy the stupid RX700! I give. Just kidding. I actually think I will. How can I go wrong for $34? Thanks for your efforts.

I'm always happy to welcome another sheep to the flock.
wink.gif
Together, we can break the stigma that good sound has to cost a lot.

Apr 2, 2009 at 5:40 AM Post #48 of 51
The HD 280 Pro has arrived and is sitting on my ears as I type. Boy what a sound! I know, for most of you guys it's yesterday's news, but this hp is a punch.

I am giving it a little warm up with my Sony MP3 Walkman. I can hear the upper midrange is somewhat dominant, but I certainly don't feel a lack of bass. Bass is nice and snug, comes of punchy but also with big boom, depending on the track.

Well, this is hour #1! The HD 280 rocks!

Apr 2, 2009 at 12:21 PM Post #49 of 51
I am beginning to prefer my HD280s over my DT770s for long listening sessions (more than an hour) because the somewhat softer sound makes them less fatiguing over time. (The 770s remain my preference for short sessions, however, because they are "punchier" and brighter-the same properties that lead to the long-term fatigue.)
I have not yet solved the background noise issue, though.

Apr 2, 2009 at 3:32 PM Post #50 of 51
I find the 280 extremely revealing of the source that's feeding it.
I was surprised to find the little Sony MP3 playing that loud, as it is in all reality just a little piece of tease.

I noticed some noise, which seems to come from original analog recording.

As I am playing directly off the Panasonic DVD X410, the 280 shows itself straight forward. Head on, so to speak. Yo! Cotton dry & Rock steady.

Ps. the coiled cable is a bit of a stretch. I will want an extension
jecklinsmile.gif

Apr 3, 2009 at 12:32 PM Post #51 of 51
The HD380s absolutely destroy the 280s! I got mine yesterday, and they are in an entirely different league!
(Like the 280s, though, they are highly reavealing. Great recordings sound awesome on them, but bad recordings totally suck!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back