Sennheiser HD 25-13 II cable?
Jan 28, 2012 at 12:52 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

planx

Might be Ironman, or some fat kid.
Hi, I just have a few questions about the Sennheiser HD 25-13 and the cable. I was thinking about purchasing the Sennheiser HD 25-1 II so what's the difference between the 1 model and the 13? I was told only the cable is the only difference so realistically speaking they are the same product with different cables? So if I bought the Sennheiser HD 25-1 II, would I be able to buy the 13 model's cable separately? and would the cable work in the Sennheisers Grooves along the headband? My location is Canada so finding a HD 25-13 would be really difficult and I'm able to get a decent price on some Adidas HD 25-1 II's. If you know anything about the differences between the 1 and 13 model, please feel free to say something! Maybe there's a driver difference? I would like to know all details because unfortunately there  isn't much info about the 13 model...

Jan 29, 2012 at 7:23 PM Post #3 of 10
the difference between the two models is the impedance. 600 ohms, versus 70 ohms. The cables should be identical.

Jan 29, 2012 at 10:45 PM Post #6 of 10

Quote:
really? i would have thought the cables would be the only difference?

I'm sorry, you are partially correct, the 13 does have a 3 meter cable... not the standard shorter 25-1 cable, but the main difference is the 600 ohm impedance.

There is an HD-25C ii, which is the same as the 25-1, but has a 3 meter coiled cable. 

http://www.sennheiserusa.com/professional_DJ-headphones-HD-25-1_502188 (see variants tab)

In either case, all the cables are interchangeable, and you can order replacements from Sennheiser directly (even if you don't have the original headphone it was intended for). Call them up, if you cannot find it on their online parts store (which is limited). They are very helpful, and have frequently expedited replacement bits to me that were not otherwise listed. 

Jan 29, 2012 at 11:28 PM Post #8 of 10

Quote:

I'm sorry, you are partially correct, the 13 does have a 3 meter cable... not the standard shorter 25-1 cable, but the main difference is the 600 ohm impedance.

There is an HD-25C ii, which is the same as the 25-1, but has a 3 meter coiled cable. 

http://www.sennheiserusa.com/professional_DJ-headphones-HD-25-1_502188 (see variants tab)

In either case, all the cables are interchangeable, and you can order replacements from Sennheiser directly (even if you don't have the original headphone it was intended for). Call them up, if you cannot find it on their online parts store (which is limited). They are very helpful, and have frequently expedited replacement bits to me that were not otherwise listed. 

great, that's exactly what I wanted to hear. just worried how much the 13 cable is going to cost with shipping.. yikes

Feb 23, 2013 at 2:40 AM Post #9 of 10
In case anyone else wants a one-sided 10' cable for their HD 25-1 ii's:

This cable cost me about $55 incl UPS Ground shipping.

Be advised its jack is the same as that of the OEM HD 25-1 ii cable in that it is 3.5mm with threads for a screw-on 6.3mm adapter. Unlike the OEM cable, though, this cable does not come with a screw-on 6.3mm adapter but the adapter that came with my OEM HD 25-1 ii cable fit just fine.

smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 23, 2013 at 7:49 AM Post #10 of 10
Quote:
anyone? i'm sure someone here knows a thing or two about the EXTREMELY popular hd 25s!

People know a lot about the popular 25-1-ii, but you're asking how it is different to a freakishly rare model. Did it occur you to a google search and compare the spec?

http://www.thomann.de/gb/sennheiser_hd2513_ii.htm

The high resistance means that the HD25's may be hard for most DAPs to drive - can't say quite for sure, but they don't quote db per mw, and there is some chatter that they might be reasonably driveable:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/381279/does-the-hd25-13-work-on-mp3-players-it-has-600-ohms-impedance

But I'd stay away from them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back