Sennheiser HD 25-1 ii and beyerdynamic DT 1350 - Head-Fi TV, Episode 004
Apr 22, 2011 at 6:42 AM Post #31 of 128
Next time, review that hifiman in the background.
popcorn.gif
^^

Apr 22, 2011 at 6:43 AM Post #32 of 128
Jude - these are truly wonderful broadcasts - thank you.

Apr 22, 2011 at 7:16 AM Post #33 of 128
Thanks for the review. I am looking forward owning one of these DT1350.

BTW, I always thought th HD25 had metal-cups. I saw the Adidas version in store near me. By the way of how these headphones are build, I thought they mistook the price.

Nice haircut Jude :)

Apr 22, 2011 at 7:41 AM Post #35 of 128
Jude congrats on the review, it's great. You got me to want to try out the HD-25.

Just a note: people always complaint on the plugs. If it's a right angle, it should have been straight; if it's straight, it should have been right. You're pretty much safe only using a 135º plug, which is in between both. Seriously now, you're right that the plug (pun unintended) is more accomodating on a right angle, but when you try placing it in your pocket, you'll see that the cable is shooting to your pocket side, and then goes upwards. That turn is unnecessary and uncomfortable, and you can only avoid it by putting the DAP in your pocket sideways, which most of the time doesn't fit or feels bulky. Straight angle plugs don't have that issue - the cable shoots straight upwards. All in all, we can agree it's a minor detail and that by satisfying one side, you'll upset the other
tongue.gif

Apr 22, 2011 at 10:02 AM Post #36 of 128
Great review! I'm also curious about a comparison between the DT1350 & Beyerdynamic's T50P(which dissapointed me a little). The designs look remarkably similar sans the split headband in the 1350(T50P is split but not adjustable) & the specs, the T50P with 32ohm impedance and a narrower frequency range. Has anyone compared the two? Because after Judes review I'm seriously considering ditching my T50P's & giving the 1350's a shot :rolleyes:

Apr 22, 2011 at 10:15 AM Post #37 of 128
Jude congrats on the review, it's great. You got me to want to try out the HD-25.

Just a note: people always complaint on the plugs. If it's a right angle, it should have been straight; if it's straight, it should have been right. You're pretty much safe only using a 135º plug, which is in between both. Seriously now, you're right that the plug (pun unintended) is more accomodating on a right angle, but when you try placing it in your pocket, you'll see that the cable is shooting to your pocket side, and then goes upwards. That turn is unnecessary and uncomfortable, and you can only avoid it by putting the DAP in your pocket sideways, which most of the time doesn't fit or feels bulky. Straight angle plugs don't have that issue - the cable shoots straight upwards. All in all, we can agree it's a minor detail and that by satisfying one side, you'll upset the other
tongue.gif

Agreed, I changed cables so I could have a straight plug for my rig, but I can't see Jude fitting that rig of his into a pair of jeans with out the aid of shoehorn! Tailor made pockets for portable rigs may be something to consider?

Apr 22, 2011 at 10:28 AM Post #38 of 128
great work again jude!   Your backdrop is "shure" mouthwatering :)  just one goodie after another stacked up!! 

M

Apr 22, 2011 at 10:38 AM Post #39 of 128
When I tried the Adidas HD25 in a store, I thought they feel extremely cheap. I also didn't dig the blue, but looking at it now in the video, I think it looks pretty sweet.

However, I didn't get into the sound presentation although I read plenty reviews before and kinda knew what to expect. They did sound very warm and a little dark with a strong emphasis on bass, IMO.

I will definitely try the DT 1350 now!

Apr 22, 2011 at 1:42 PM Post #44 of 128

Quote:
being a hip hop guy I would love to listen to those Beyer Dynamics..lol anyone know how to get free headphones XD

and what material are the Sennheiser pads, the Dynamics look like pleather, correct me if I'm wrong, Hows the clamp? 

the clamp is significant, as with any supra aural noise cancelling headphone.

Apr 22, 2011 at 1:49 PM Post #45 of 128
Another Great review and video, I think You need to change the music, but that's My opinion. Oh by the way were You drooling all over the phone's. 
wink_face.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back