Sennheiser HD 205 or HD 212 PRO?
Oct 25, 2010 at 4:47 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

Acade-lo

New Head-Fier
Can the two at a good price.Wich do i choose?

My use only on the computer, (70% gaming) (30% music in general). Sorry for my english, i am brazilian. waiting anshers.
smile.gif

Oct 26, 2010 at 12:02 AM Post #3 of 12
Thank'ss, finally an aswer.
bigsmile_face.gif

I have heard that the bass is exaggerated, confirmed? and the comfort of HD205? is upper of HD212?

The more details the better! thank'ss.

TheTtfff

Oct 26, 2010 at 12:19 AM Post #4 of 12
The HD 212 Pro is the bassiest Sennheiser headphone AFAIK. I haven't heard the HD 205 but I've got 212 and know it works well for gaming, the sound quality itself isn't the very best but they do very well for gaming cuz the positional sound is easy to locate, I think more of them as like a gaming headset without a mic than a headphone.

Oct 27, 2010 at 12:43 AM Post #10 of 12
Thank's friend! If anyone has any further opinion put it here! I'll stay with the HD 212, from what i read here. I still worry about the mids and hights of HD 212. But okay.

Earned! More opinions are welcome. Even more!

Nov 8, 2010 at 1:41 PM Post #11 of 12
Hi,

For listening to music and gaming (although i'm not a gamer at all), I would suggest the 212.

I have both the HD 212 and the HD 205 and in my opinion, the 212 sounds better and is more
comfortable.

The sound of the 212 is rather good and full for a budget headphone. I have to admit that there are
headphones sounding much better, but these also cost much more. An important notice is that
the 212's have a lot of power in the low frequencies. If you like bass, there is no problem, but some
people might find it too much, so if you don't like a lot of bass, the HD 202, which looks similar to
the 212, might be a better choice.

Concerning the comfort, as Rosmadi Mahmood already mentioned, both headphones are supra-aural
(on-the-ear). Here should be made a distinction between the 212 and 205. The earpads of the 212 are
larger, which make that for people with small ears, it is more a circumaural (around-the-ear) as supra-
aural headphone. In fact, I perceive the 212 as being between a supra- and circumaural headphone. The
HD205 is definitely supra-aural and also presses harder on the ears. I can wear the 212 longer than the

One advantage of the HD205 is it's single sided cable.

I hope that this helps.

Regards

Users who are viewing this thread

Back