Sennheiser HD 202 vs Skullcandy Lowride vs JBL tempo on ear headphones
Jul 29, 2012 at 6:37 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

arunbaghel

New Head-Fier
I have had quite a lot of earbuds including sennheisers, UEs, although they sound good but on the flipside their life is very less especially when I am handling those. Please suggest which one of the above headphones is best to buy in this category.

TIA

Jul 29, 2012 at 7:20 AM Post #2 of 2
I currently have HD 202 and I used to use a pair of Lowriders for DJing when I was in high school. Skullcandy had the cool factor and they were really comfortable but they don't take abuse very well. The headband has a plastic hinge on the top and over time it can crack. Obv your budget is around $30. Some people swear by Portapros. I can say HD 202 is a very good entry level can, very reliable but it looks dorky if you are trying to use it as a portable. I don't really use earbuds because they don't isolate well. Don't count out IEMs (they sit in your ear canal). There are some great IEMs that are fairly sturdy and that you can get for ~$30 that give good sound, like the HifiMAN RE2. I'm using  Monoprice's MEP-933 as my exercise buds and they rock. It doesn't hurt that they're $7 either--they have great bass and are very well made.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back