Sennheiser HD 202 II vs. Sennheiser HD 201 vs. Sennheiser HD 419
Dec 2, 2013 at 7:50 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Godman

New Head-Fier
Hello 'audiophiles'...

Okay about me and my current situation... 

I'm not a quote unquote audiophile per se... but don't get me wrong.. I enjoy music and want the best sounding headphones I can get!(of these three)

Now I want to put this out there before I go any further. AS OF NOW my mind is set on THIS BRAND and THESE MODELS. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do not refer me to any other brand or model... Your post will be ignored. I'm am by no means trying to be rude... it's just that I have a bit of OCD when it comes to making decisions like this, and it's bad enough being indecisive over these 3 models... I DON'T WANT ANY MORE HEADPHONES TO CHOOSE FROM! It'll be too much. Thank You

Okay, I've already spent a week researching these three models... I've literally read HUNDREDS if not THOUSANDS of Amazon customer reviews, I also spent quite a bit of time on this site as well... So far, the information I've gathered from my research has been subjective and biased. Inconclusive. Too many mixed reviews. As for the 'specs' themselves... Well from what I've read on this website, mean nothing. So I took all the information that I've gathered, and my own personal opinions on the models themselves, and just pieced together my own 'assessment' of pros and cons.

My preferences and current equipment/experience

As I stated before, I'm not an 'audiophile'. As of now I'm used to/my current equipment is.. 10$ ear buds from Target. (So I'm pretty sure, regardless of the model I choose, I'm gonna be a happy camper
biggrin.gif
) My preferences...I LOVE MUSIC IN GENERAL....I listen to many genres... every thing from Vivaldi's Four Seasons .....To David Bowie's Moonage Daydream. I like thunderous BASS... I like crisp and clean vocals. I also like overall sound quality. Another thing that I'd like to add... I'm also a fan of Binaural Audio/3D audio... I also use Binaural beats... from what I've heard, the better quality the headphones...the better effect you'll get.

Another thing I want to add.... just recently I tried on a friend's pair of gaming headphones(over ear)...and they were PHENOMENAL! I had no idea headphones were capable of 'Movie Theater' sound quality, That 'movie theater like bass. The headphones themselves were supposedly 'nothing special' and only cost the person 25 dollars... I was amazed..

So my question is... Will these three particular models produce that movie theater like bass/sound quality when I watch movies?

My listening devices... MP3 player and Laptop. Nothing fancy.

Pros and cons of each model:

Sennheiser HD 201: 

Pros: They are the cheapest of the three models... 19 dollars on Amazon... I like the design, They're semi stylish. From what I've read, sound quality is great.

Cons: From what I've read... They don't seem ideal for mp3 players and laptops... Supposedly the volume level of this model is quite low. (and I like  LOUD)

Sennheiser HD 202 II:

Pros: Only about 6 dollars more than the 201s....From the videos I've seen on Youtube... These seem to be the most durable... Comes with clip for cord... what I've read...sound quality is also great.

Cons: I really don't like the design on this model..not so stylish. That's really the only flaw.

Sennheiser HD 419: 

Pros: I really like the design of this model.. Looks very comfortable... From what I've read sound quality is GREAT. MP3 and Laptop compatible.

Cons: More expensive... VERY Flimsy cord... Looks over all very cheaply made... Kind of Ironic it's the most expensive of the three. Cord is also TOO SHORT. Might be the most fragile model of the three... Not sure how long they'd last.

.So that's it... If you happen to own all three of these models, your advice would be much appreciated.  Or if you happen to be an experienced audiophile and know your stuff... Please help me decide.

Dec 2, 2013 at 11:53 PM Post #3 of 3
Funny. I'd like to help, but I haven't heard them yet. Of the three, I remember a positive review of HD202,
http://www.headfonia.com/sennheiser-hd-202-review/ (which you've probably seen).

Whatever you buy, please post a review. Considering your OP, I think you'd write a good one. All the best.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back