Sennheiser HD 201 vs Monoprice 8323
Apr 26, 2013 at 4:15 PM Post #2 of 19
Don't ever buy anything from Monoprice.

Apr 26, 2013 at 4:27 PM Post #3 of 19
What's wrong with Monoprice? There might be some issue with their business ethics (pretty much going to the Asian ODM of various products and having them make identical ones for them and selling them for less), but you can't deny that Monoprice sells cost effective stuff. 

As for which one you should buy, what do you want in a headphone? (tons of bass, neutral sound, portable, etc)

Apr 26, 2013 at 4:41 PM Post #4 of 19
Quote:
What's wrong with Monoprice? There might be some issue with their business ethics (pretty much going to the Asian ODM of various products and having them make identical ones for them and selling them for less), but you can't deny that Monoprice sells cost effective stuff. 

As for which one you should buy, what do you want in a headphone? (tons of bass, neutral sound, portable, etc)

Huge issue with their predatory business policies and questionable ethics. Or, their lack of business ethics whatsoever. There is nothing than Monoprice sells that you can't get the equivalent of elsewhere for the same price.

Apr 26, 2013 at 5:04 PM Post #6 of 19
Quote:
I don't think you can get a Monoprice 8323 equivalent for the same price as an 8323. 

No, but you can get the 201 which are beyond superior to the MPs. You can also get the Philips CityScape Metro, Koss PortaPro, Koss UR40, Koss UR20, Panasonic HTF600...I could go on...

When you buy from Monoprice, you're supporting a terrible company.

Apr 26, 2013 at 6:24 PM Post #7 of 19
Ignoring Monoprice's questionable business practices, I'm not convinced that any sub $30 headphone can be called "beyond superior" to the 8323. 

I would prefer the HD201's sound to the 8323's if they were going to be my only headphones, a lot clearer with somewhat less treble roll off. However, the 8323 presents a much better complete package. It's durable, portable, folds up, folds flat, has a single entry cable, and is at least not ugly. 

That said. I would suggest OP find another $10-$20, since there are a lot better options than both to be had in the sub $50 price bracket. 

Apr 26, 2013 at 10:24 PM Post #10 of 19
To be honest, every time I use the 201 it sound the same as the 449. I had to A/B both 201 and 449 to tell a difference sure the 449 are better but they are that so close but price wise is not that close :)

I have recommended 201 to many people and they are happy about it. They are also better built than the 449, at least I can see method parts on the headband joint and the 449 are all plastic but flexible tough plastic (better plastic than srh840 which is tough hard plastic but brittle) but they both will last.

Apr 27, 2013 at 7:53 PM Post #14 of 19
Monoprices destroy the 201's... I have both and my monoprices sound exactly...EXACTLY like the Audio Technica WS55 Bass headphones ($99 headphones)... I mean down to the bass and everything... My 201's...well they sound good, but dont block any noise...and just well have no bass whatsoever.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back