Sennheiser GSX 1000 / 1200 Impressions
Jan 23, 2018 at 3:30 PM Post #946 of 1,519
Incredible, it's like yelling into a deep empty well but instead of an echo, you get absolutely nothing. I hope you don't have a job where actual live people rely on you.

Last edited:
Jan 24, 2018 at 1:45 AM Post #947 of 1,519
1. I didnt' think the reverb was bad and preferred it. again, guess thats personal preference. But seems another wasted feature for you. I actually think the recommendations from sennheiser were spot on. And i'm sure i'm not the only one who feels like this, otherwise why would they have included the options? Same goes for the eq recommendations. Movies and music. Most of you seem to turn the eq off also.

If you hate reverb and the eq's so much I'm wondering why you even have the gsx. Do you even use any of the GSX features? you must have money to burn.

2. I don't think i had a faulty unit since i've read others have the same complaints. the only people praising this thing in this thread, are regular forum posters it seems. Even most reviews online don't sound impressed. For the price it should be drastic differences.

3. I can tell rear and front sounds in bf1, BETTER WITHOUT THE GSX. how many times have I said that? Its the main game I play. Once i realized I could still iuse the in game 7.1 settings with my onboard card and game zeros with more clarity and no muffling. It was bye bye gsx. Tell me again how the gsx is better lmao....

Tell me again how my brain is different, or I had a faulty unit. Makes you sound like a desperate shill.

4. You love the idea of this "original purpose" and its the main reason you own the thing. Again, you care more about the technical aspects, then the actual end result. The whole idea of it is fascinating I admit. It captured me too. But eventually i had to wake up and realize I'm better off without it.

5. well, I'm hearing surround sound in games quite accurately, without the gsx. In Elder scrolls online, and bf1 which i mainly play. If anything the gsx made me explore these settings which lead to this revelation. I appreciate what I have more now. So I guess I have it to thank for that.So no reason to pay 250 dollars for no reason, other then a loss in quality. Which you call "close to nill" admitting there is a loss.

Now we all know that the GSX is not your cup of tea. Please move on and let others who actually like this device talk about it in peace. No crusade against Sennheiser, the GSX1000 or other members with different opinions please.

Jan 24, 2018 at 2:29 AM Post #948 of 1,519
Its all tricks buddy. Its all virtualization into two ear cups.

Which IS NOT going to work as intended for you due to your hearing imbalance

Answer like a normal person.

He won't - he's a "special person" with a minor "disability" who thinks that what they experience with the GSX and other VSS's is the same as what everyone else should experience.

He's not a "normal person" as far as the virtual surround hardware/software designers are working towards or designing for.

He's not someone for whom the VSS headphone are a valid solution.

He's the equivalent of a one eyed man insisting that "3D movies" are a gimmick, con, cashgrab, fraud and don't work because, even when he puts on the glasses he can't see the 3d effect. Whinging that he only gets to see half the frames of the actual movie that he paid for, the screen looks dark and everyone in the cinema keeps moving their heads. Using every other report he can find as proof that he's right. He even goes further and demand that setting the screen resolution to 720i, changing the refresh rate to 120hz and setting "brightness" to 100%, "contrast" to zero is the only way to watch - because that works for him.......

Now we all know that the GSX is not your cup of tea. Please move on and let others who actually like this device talk about it in peace. No crusade against Sennheiser, the GSX1000 or other members with different opinions please.

Please

But eventually i had to wake up and realize that it doesn't work for me.
- ftfy - please stop posting here

Last edited:
Jan 24, 2018 at 9:29 PM Post #949 of 1,519

I have no crusade against sennheiser or the 1200. i'm the one being namecalled and attacked for a difference of opinion. I guess you are the forum shill here to censor me now.

I'm just keeping people honest. I love my game zeros. Of course I'm sure if anyone asked about them on here, I'd get a bunch of fraud nerds spouting technical specs and theories as to why they are bad..... Story of the internet in general nowadays. A few stubborn nutties have the loudest voice. unconscious of their surroundings and not realizing they don't reflect society at all, just parroting what those around them are saying. Probably anarchists.

enjoy your 250 dollar scam. I'm gonna avoid this website altogether in the future...

"you got a bad unit, you have a hearing imablance, or your brain doesn't match the sounds" These statements are so absurd, I'll remember them for the rest of my life lmao.

Last edited:
Jan 25, 2018 at 1:35 AM Post #950 of 1,519
I have no crusade against sennheiser or the 1200. i'm the one being namecalled and attacked for a difference of opinion. I guess you are the forum shill here to censor me now.

I'm just keeping people honest. I love my game zeros. Of course I'm sure if anyone asked about them on here, I'd get a bunch of fraud nerds spouting technical specs and theories as to why they are bad..... Story of the internet in general nowadays. A few stubborn nutties have the loudest voice. unconscious of their surroundings and not realizing they don't reflect society at all, just parroting what those around them are saying. Probably anarchists.

enjoy your 250 dollar scam. I'm gonna avoid this website altogether in the future...

"you got a bad unit, you have a hearing imablance, or your brain doesn't match the sounds" These statements are so absurd, I'll remember them for the rest of my life lmao.
You take this all far too serious and that keeps us from our small talk about our hobby. We have a sound science forum for such never ending hard core debates, if you want to discuss as you did here.

Jan 25, 2018 at 5:11 AM Post #952 of 1,519
If he'd prefer pure Stereo output and says that's the reason the GSX is useless for him no one would mind. In some games I prefer it over any surround simulation since the pure left/right distinguishing may - while less natural to the way human directional hearing works - lead to better positioning if the game has a bad or overloaded audio mix (Overwatch comes to mind). However, instead o using a clean stereo signal his settings are a complete mess. It's like wearing glasses with a completely wrong diopter and telling everyone how excited he is about how everything looks so cool now.

No, the GSX is not an endgame device. But its neither bad nor overpriced.

Jan 25, 2018 at 7:02 AM Post #953 of 1,519
Did I mention, that I have the new Sennheiser GSP 600 headset on order? I am looking forward in using it with the GSX1000. The Game One is a little too leaky at times and annoys my wife.

Jan 25, 2018 at 10:47 AM Post #954 of 1,519
If he'd prefer pure Stereo output and says that's the reason the GSX is useless for him no one would mind. In some games I prefer it over any surround simulation since the pure left/right distinguishing may - while less natural to the way human directional hearing works - lead to better positioning if the game has a bad or overloaded audio mix (Overwatch comes to mind). However, instead o using a clean stereo signal his settings are a complete mess. It's like wearing glasses with a completely wrong diopter and telling everyone how excited he is about how everything looks so cool now.

No, the GSX is not an endgame device. But its neither bad nor overpriced.

lmao.... You already stated in a previous post, i'm using what you described as option "F". Thats 3d sound buddy. and ya my onboard realtek soundcard, is way better then the muffled muddied lower quality gsx. amplificaiton wise, bit rate wise, and most importantly clarity wise.

Again, just because the sennheiser is downmixing direct channels, doesn't automatically make it better then any other 3rd party solution. It sounds muffled just like any of them.

Jan 25, 2018 at 11:00 AM Post #955 of 1,519
Did I mention, that I have the new Sennheiser GSP 600 headset on order? I am looking forward in using it with the GSX1000. The Game One is a little too leaky at times and annoys my wife.

ya the cups on the game zero are huge. I have a huge face so probably not as bad for me, but I do feel gap sometimes by back my chin/lower cheek. lol. But it does the job for me, I had to return the game ones because I'm in a noisey environment. Although i loved the game ones because my sonic studio software had a preset for sennheiser 550 and it seemed perfect for it.

If the gsp 600 is anything like the game zero soundstage. Then you won't even need the gsx, and are probably better off without it.

That gsp 600 is described as being more bassy. Most of the posters and reviewers don't like to use the eq' on the gsx because they make everything too muddy. When I used cheap earphones that were heavy bass with the gsx even neutral didn't sound great. They really need an eq preset between the super tinny e-sport setting and neutral.

But with cheaper headphones with no soundstage, it would definitely increase the 3d audio surround feeling. Especially good for ear buds when setting the surround focus to rear. but not a reason for me to buy the gsx. I prefer using my game zeros with my onboard card with in game settings and not losing any quality.

When using cheap headphones like ear buds or sennheiser hd 202's, I don't get surround 3d audio, even with option "F" using windows and the game settings. Only with my game zeros does it work. I find the difference astonishing actually, because they are both stereo headphones. And i still think its because of the awesome soundstage and cup design game zero has, its what it was designed for I guess.

I'm curious what the cup size is on those gps' are compared to game zeros and how you like them compared to game zero. Obviously for that price they probably closer to studio quality headphones and are better for music, but i'm curious about the 3d effects.

Last edited:
Jan 25, 2018 at 11:24 AM Post #956 of 1,519
ya the cups on the game zero are huge. I have a huge face so probably not as bad for me, but I do feel gap sometimes by back my chin/lower cheek. lol. But it does the job for me, I had to return the game ones because I'm in a noisey environment. Although i loved the game ones because my sonic studio software had a preset for sennheiser 550 and it seemed perfect for it.

If the gsp 600 is anything like the game zero soundstage. Then you won't even need the gsx, and are probably better off without it.

That gsp 600 is described as being more bassy. Most of the posters and reviewers don't like to use the eq' on the gsx because they make everything too muddy. When I used cheap earphones that were heavy bass with the gsx even neutral didn't sound great. They really need an eq preset between the super tinny e-sport setting and neutral.

But with cheaper headphones with no soundstage, it would definitely increase the 3d audio surround feeling. Especially good for ear buds when setting the surround focus to rear. but not a reason for me to buy the gsx. I prefer using my game zeros with my onboard card with in game settings and not losing any quality.

When using cheap headphones like ear buds or sennheiser hd 202's, I don't get surround 3d audio, even with option "F" using windows and the game settings. Only with my game zeros does it work. I find the difference astonishing actually, because they are both stereo headphones. And i still think its because of the awesome soundstage and cup design game zero has, its what it was designed for I guess.

I'm curious what the cup size is on those gps' are compared to game zeros and how you like them compared to game zero. Obviously for that price they probably closer to studio quality headphones and are better for music, but i'm curious about the 3d effects.

I will report it for sure. But the delivery date is not fix yet. It is end of Jan or early Feb as of now.

Jan 25, 2018 at 11:30 AM Post #957 of 1,519
lmao.... You already stated in a previous post, i'm using what you described as option "F". Thats 3d sound buddy. and ya my onboard realtek soundcard, is way better then the muffled muddied lower quality gsx. amplificaiton wise, bit rate wise, and most importantly clarity wise.

Again, just because the sennheiser is downmixing direct channels, doesn't automatically make it better then any other 3rd party solution. It sounds muffled just like any of them.

1) what you have is not "3d" sound, it's stereo with a crapton of reverb on top
2) bit rate and bit depth are not the sale thing
3)sennheiser uses hrtf to downmix surround soud, your solution does not.

Jan 25, 2018 at 11:40 AM Post #958 of 1,519
1) what you have is not "3d" sound, it's stereo with a crapton of reverb on top
2) bit rate and bit depth are not the sale thing
3)sennheiser uses hrtf to downmix surround soud, your solution does not.

lol 3d sound has been in fps gaming for 20 years. Refer to Colin's previous post. I use what he calls option F, for bf1 specifically. windows set stereo / game set 7.1 Which is way more surround, depending on headphones, then the game set to stereo. I think almost all soundcards nowadays support 3d audio.

ESO must be using some similar technology too cause when set to stereo/stereo it has 3d audio too. Interesting its not on that list. Curious what the audio engine is. Almost all games do. Its all 3d sound whether its hrtf technology or something else!

maybe some games that don't have good 3d virtualization like fallout 4, or if you have an ancient card that comes with ancient drivers, the gsx would help. Also we can't always blame the audio engine. sometimes its just developers poor implementation of it. But most of the games I play do natively very well, as long as I use the game zero headphones apparenlty designed to enhance those effects, I don't need the gsx for any improvement in those cases. It will only make it worse by losing clarity.

I'd say the gsx is good for crap headphones, or cups not designed for gaming, as long as only en using the surround focus (which you apparently already do) since the eq will just muddy everything and the reverb might not sound right, which you already say...... then it will help to achieve those desired positional audio effects.

But Whether something is set to stereo in windows, or in game, does not matter. Only the end resulting positional audio does. The effects designed by the game developers and your headphones to take advantage of them, are what really matters. Not a 3rd party solution.

Were you a developer of eacoreaudio? Then stop acting like you know what you are talking about. Dolby atmos uses windows stereo settings for freaks sake.

If you don't realize this you have no business acting like an authority on the subject. I told you 3d sound has been around for over 100 years. And through a pc since the 80s. troll harder.

Again, just cause they are downmixing a direct channel source, doesn't automatically make it better then any other solution using a stereo source. And definitely not automatically better then a games native 3d sound solutions. Bf1 as an example.

So with bf1, I get better positional surround without the gsx, then with it. DEPENDING ON THE HEADPHONES. Sorry to burst your bubble lol. But stop posing.

Last edited:
Jan 25, 2018 at 12:18 PM Post #959 of 1,519
I will report it for sure. But the delivery date is not fix yet. It is end of Jan or early Feb as of now.

I have a feeling you will not like the gsx eq prests with the enhance bass of the gsp 600. let us know, good luck.

I bet that was due to false complaints of the game zero not having enough bass.

It definitely had less bass off the bat compared to the game ones, but a proper eq adjustment fixes that and I believe the game zeros had more clarity and just as much bass. They were probably tryign to avoid the fact most closed backs sound too bassy and muddy with the game zeros. I hope sennheiser wasn't chasing trolls and posers when they made the gsp 600. Their engineers do seem to know what they are doing though and I'm sure it will sound great.

and improved mic is a plus too. Another thing I disliked about the gsx, wasn't i couldn't improve the noise cancelling and boost like I could through sonic studio software.

Last edited:
Jan 25, 2018 at 12:53 PM Post #960 of 1,519
lol 3d sound has been in fps gaming for 20 years. Refer to Colin's previous post. I use what he calls option F, for bf1 specifically. windows set stereo / game set 7.1 Which is way more surround, depending on headphones, then the game set to stereo. I think almost all soundcards nowadays support 3d audio.

And again, when you set windows to stereo pretty much ANY modern game will ONLY output basic stereo. IF, and only IF a game lets you to actually choose 7.1 without any virtual surround device you'll only get the front channels and a lot of missing sounds. That's how windows mixer works, it doesn't magically downmix to stereo unless specified in your sound card driver, which could or could not use HRTF.
Yes games do have 3d sound, except that before it reverbs through your empty skull the sound engine flattens the sound to a 2D circle with max 8 channels which are then crudely downmixed to stereo. Which means that once the sound reaches your ears it has lost all the positionnal information except from left and right. This is how if works, this is how it has been for years now. Just because you refuse to educate yourself doesn't mean it works as you pretend it does.

But Whether something is set to stereo in windows, or in game, does not matter. Only the end resulting positional audio does. The effects designed by the game developers and your headphones to take advantage of them, are what really matters. Not a 3rd party solution.

Except when it DOES matter, because again, most games rely on windows' settings to decide whether output stereo or surround and very few games are designed to actually take advantage of a headphone configuration, with varying success when it comes to positionnal audio.

Then stop acting like you know what you are talking about. Dolby atmos uses windows stereo settings for freaks sake.

Yes, becauset IT'S FRIGGIN' SUPPOSED to pretend to be a 7.1 configuration when you launch a game so it can use HRTF on 8 discrete channels in order to downmix it to stero and then physically output it from the front channels. Because if not you'll not get every sound. I've fracking posted a video by MICROSOFT DEVS who explain the tech. I DO know what i'm taliking about, which is certainly not your case mr "bitrate".

If you don't realize this you have no business acting like an authority on the subject

Says someone who doesn't know the difference between bit depth and bit rate... In fact you don't even know how sound works in the first place.

Again, just cause they are downmixing a direct channel source, doesn't automatically make it better then any other solution using a stereo source. And definitely not automatically better then a games native 3d sound solutions. Bf1 as an example.

Holy mother of f*ck, do you realize the bs you're spouting? You can't turn a pure stereo source into surround because you simply don't have the surround information to begin with. It's like trying to paint a reproduction of the starry night with only a black and white photo of the original... What you're saying makes no sense whatsoever and your only answer is to throw cans of paint at the canvas until it kinda sorta looks like something.

DEPENDING ON THE HEADPHONES

The soundstage is just an impression of how "spacious" the sound you perceive is. Depending on headphone the effect is more or less pronounced. You can have headphones with great sound stage performing worse than headphones with a smaller soundstage using a proper vss solution.

And oh, please stop posting. We've already established that you're full of crap.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back