Sennheiser GSX 1000 / 1200 Impressions
Oct 19, 2017 at 7:22 AM Post #661 of 1,519
Yes, also Glasofruix

He also has the same issue after he disable Fast Boot . so it's something with the Audio Service with USB devices or just the GSX 1000.
@Evshrug ,
we have a problem with the GSX1000 after installing the W10 Fall Creators Update. You as gamer and Sennheiser contact might want to report that to Sennheiser.

Last edited:
Oct 19, 2017 at 10:04 AM Post #663 of 1,519
Oct 19, 2017 at 5:03 PM Post #664 of 1,519
@Evshrug ,
we have a problem with the GSX1000 after installing the W10 Fall Creators Update. You as gamer and Sennheiser contact might want to report that to Sennheiser.
Hey, thanks for the head's up Pietcux!
Let's get in contact with Sennheiser support, and give them info about the OS (W10 Fall Creator's Update) and settings configuration.
Here's the site specifically for technical support instead of hardware repairs:
https://en-us.sennheiser.com/contact-center

I'll be watching this thread to see how things resolve, so if you guys find the solution I can pass it along in the future! Meantime, the guys (and gals) at the contact center are our best resource.
(I'll be monitoring this thread as @Sennheiser )

Oct 19, 2017 at 6:03 PM Post #665 of 1,519
Speaking of issues, after boot sometimes the GSX outputs unholy audio and it doesn't go away until restart or the device otherwise unpowered.
I don't suppose anyone else have had this issue?

Oct 20, 2017 at 6:41 AM Post #667 of 1,519
Hey, thanks for the head's up Pietcux!
Let's get in contact with Sennheiser support, and give them info about the OS (W10 Fall Creator's Update) and settings configuration.
Here's the site specifically for technical support instead of hardware repairs:
https://en-us.sennheiser.com/contact-center

I'll be watching this thread to see how things resolve, so if you guys find the solution I can pass it along in the future! Meantime, the guys (and gals) at the contact center are our best resource.
(I'll be monitoring this thread as @Sennheiser )
I also talked to the official Sennheiser tech support in Israel , they said they will check it out with whoever needs to fix it or check it also. they said there might need to release driver of something which I can't really see how, because the GSX is just Generic USB driver, nothing special to installed with 3rd party drivers . so who will fix it , Sennheiser or Microsoft ? I also sent and opened feedback in microsoft feedback hub in windows 10 , dunno how much this will help.

Speaking of issues, after boot sometimes the GSX outputs unholy audio and it doesn't go away until restart or the device otherwise unpowered.
I don't suppose anyone else have had this issue?
I had it couple of times, you need to have USB Legacy enabled , as soon I disabled it it sounded like tin of garbled sound , after restarting again USB Legacy enabled it was fine and never happened even once. both USB 2 and 3 need legacy . or my guess is maybe to delay the boot process if you are UEFI or Legacy , maybe the boot time is too fast for it to handle.

Last edited:
Oct 20, 2017 at 8:27 AM Post #668 of 1,519
I also talked to the official Sennheiser tech support in Israel , they said they will check it out with whoever needs to fix it or check it also. they said there might need to release driver of something which I can't really see how, because the GSX is just Generic USB driver, nothing special to installed with 3rd party drivers . so who will fix it , Sennheiser or Microsoft ? I also sent and opened feedback in microsoft feedback hub in windows 10 , dunno how much this will help.

I had it couple of times, you need to have USB Legacy enabled , as soon I disabled it it sounded like tin of garbled sound , after restarting again USB Legacy enabled it was fine and never happened even once. both USB 2 and 3 need legacy . or my guess is maybe to delay the boot process if you are UEFI or Legacy , maybe the boot time is too fast for it to handle.
Could you elaborate how to do that please? Maybe do some screenshots.

Oct 20, 2017 at 11:58 AM Post #669 of 1,519
Could you elaborate how to do that please? Maybe do some screenshots.

it's depend on your motherboard which you didn't tell me,

but it should look like this
Legacy USB Enabled
Legacy USB 3 Enabled

USB-Config.jpg

Last edited:
Oct 20, 2017 at 12:23 PM Post #670 of 1,519
Ok, got it. It is a Bios or Uefi setting. I will check later. Mine is the Asus CH6 for AM4.

Oct 20, 2017 at 3:54 PM Post #672 of 1,519
I own the GSX and not yet updated to latest windows version.. I really want to this weekend for these new performance boosts! is it just the GSX defaults to stereo on system restart ? Does everything else seem to work fine?

Oct 21, 2017 at 4:03 AM Post #673 of 1,519
Looks like windows audio service has some hiccups after the update. On cold boot it doesn't start unless i switch sound cards manually. Dunno if it's gsx related, because it does it on my phoebus too (but it doesn't reset settings there).

Oct 21, 2017 at 7:25 AM Post #675 of 1,519
First of all, I don't have it yet as I did not receive the creators update. Then as all Windows PCs are different by definition, I don't feel surprised that some have a problem that others don't have. Let's find a solution to support each other.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back