Sennheiser Giving Away HD595's
Mar 16, 2006 at 6:22 AM Post #31 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by angler31337
They really need to rethink the design of that survey. Those likert scales are absolutely awful. By the way, I just decreased everyone else's probability of winning by 1/(n*(n+1)). Sorry.
very_evil_smiley.gif

-Angler
etysmile.gif

Totally agree with the design of the survey.
1 = strongly agree
5 = strongly disagree
I wonder if that was a typo.

Mar 16, 2006 at 6:22 PM Post #33 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by CLum
1 = strongly agree
5 = strongly disagree

No, it was not a typo. My complaint is that they don't provide an option for non-response. A likert scale without a non-response option is not a pretty creature.

Suppose a respondent has no idea what one of the questions is asking. What do we think he/she will do? We can answer this question with one of two assumptions:

(1) Respondents select an option randomly. Well in this case, your proportions will remain consistent and unbiased, but you are needlessly inflating your variances. Since pushing that variance down is the expensive part of surveying, you now look quite the fool.

(2) Respondents stochastically select an option, with the expectation that additional weight is being placed on one or more of those options. In this case, your proportions will remain consistent, but will generally be biased high or low depending on the question. Given the respondents, questions, and incentives surrounding this survey, I suspect that an acquiescence effect will biased the results of these scales upward, if case (2) is presumed to hold.

The solution to this mess is simple: make a non-response option.

-Angler
etysmile.gif

(Same amazingly boring taste, now with half the fat!)

Mar 16, 2006 at 6:38 PM Post #34 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by LFF
Cool. Probably won't win. I said "Bring back the Orpheus and offer student discounts."
blink.gif
Sounds counter-intuitive.

That was cool...

"5000$ for the general public, 3000$ for students."
biggrin.gif

Mar 16, 2006 at 8:14 PM Post #35 of 42
I said: Bring back the Orpheus as the HD 700 and make a PC headset version of the HD-25-SP's. (yeah I know they make the HMD 25-XQ but its too expensive and its not a normal PC headset.)

Mar 17, 2006 at 1:01 AM Post #36 of 42
Don't worry, if I win the HD-595 I'll sell it cheap here.

OH yeah, and my gripe was that they don't even have a link to the HD-650 unless you go from the pricing overview... That's their (current) flagship!

Mar 17, 2006 at 3:00 AM Post #38 of 42
No idea what i will do if i win, as i own a starquad-recabled pair of hd595's already. I guess i will sell them cheap on here, in all likelihood. Unless the little capitalist in me screams, and i have to go to ebay. But that doesnt happen very often.
-g

Mar 17, 2006 at 3:30 AM Post #39 of 42
Believe me this is evil. It is evil because this is exactly what got me into headfi back in 2001. Sennheiser had this survey and they were giving away something called a HD495. Well I took the survery and won a HD495. I still have it.

This is like giving a drug to kids. This kind of stuff should be illegal.
very_evil_smiley.gif
evil_smiley.gif
580smile.gif

Mar 17, 2006 at 3:40 AM Post #40 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by CLum
1 = strongly agree
5 = strongly disagree

Well, there goes my chances of winning. I gave them mainly 5's.

Mar 17, 2006 at 4:02 AM Post #41 of 42
response:

I think their survey got the 1's and 5's mixed up between pages... true?

1) site works poorly in Mac Firefox
2) no comment on 595 Ohms differences
3) dealer locator doesn't help since everyone has PX100s and no one has 650s
4) looks like the 595 image is a 3D rendering instead of a real photo

think I left one out...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back