Sennheiser Gains New MOMENTUM
Sep 15, 2012 at 1:37 AM Post #286 of 461
Just awaiting Jude's review before deciding on ordering Momentum.  I will be looking for detailed, accurate mids and highs, particularly transparent vocals and improved bass/sub bass over Amperior to go for these with all the other comparable cans coming out in the next few weeks.  IMO, these will need to be a BIG improvement over Amperior.  With new drivers and circumaural design, the potential is certainly there.

Regarding looks, I consider Momentum to be in the top 5 best looking cans on the market today.

Sep 15, 2012 at 1:59 AM Post #287 of 461
Quote:
Just awaiting Jude's review before deciding on ordering Momentum.  I will be looking for detailed, accurate mids and highs, particularly transparent vocals and improved bass/sub bass over Amperior to go for these with all the other comparable cans coming out in the next few weeks.  IMO, these will need to be a BIG improvement over Amperior.  With new drivers and circumaural design, the potential is certainly there.

Regarding looks, I consider Momentum to be in the top 5 best looking cans on the market today.

If theres sub bass count me in.  Well with everything else you mentioned.  
biggrin.gif

Sep 15, 2012 at 1:17 PM Post #292 of 461
After some more digging around, I found an authorized Sennheiser seller who has the Momentum: razordogdeals.com.  They are now offering $50 off orders of $250 and $100 off orders of $400 and above.  I was able to get the Momentum for $300 with free shipping.  I can post images and impressions when it arrives.  I work above an Apple Store, so I can try to do direct comparisons to the Amperior and other closed cans they have on the floor.

Sep 15, 2012 at 1:40 PM Post #293 of 461
Quote:
After some more digging around, I found an authorized Sennheiser seller who has the Momentum: razordogdeals.com.  They are now offering $50 off orders of $250 and $100 off orders of $400 and above.  I was able to get the Momentum for $300 with free shipping.  I can post images and impressions when it arrives.  I work above an Apple Store, so I can try to do direct comparisons to the Amperior and other closed cans they have on the floor.

I thought the coupon didn't apply to the Momentum?

If this is the case, then I shall grab one myself.  

Sep 15, 2012 at 1:56 PM Post #295 of 461
Quote:

It worked.  Thanks dude!

Sep 15, 2012 at 2:10 PM Post #296 of 461
Sorry to say, but instant rebate does NOT apply towards Momentum.  There is a strict $349 MRP on this item and any errors have been fixed. Sorry! It's still an awesome headphone at $349!

Sep 15, 2012 at 2:35 PM Post #298 of 461
Quote:
Sorry to say, but instant rebate does NOT apply towards Momentum.  There is a strict $349 MRP on this item and any errors have been fixed. Sorry! It's still an awesome headphone at $349!

Quote:

If I were him, I would fix that. Sennheiser is NOT forgiving with their pricing policy.

Oops, sorry.  

Sep 15, 2012 at 2:51 PM Post #300 of 461
Quote:

Wow...ummm, what a BS answer that is!  Even Bose, who has a direct partnership with Apple (see all their sound docks, home theater systems, etc.), still has fully compatible wire adapters for their headphones to mic into any phone.  That's a poor stance for a company (no I'm not bashing Sennheiser) to tip-toe around a simple adjustment.  It's not even an expense, it's just a matter of thinking of your customer base.

Legitimate criticism, but I think Sennheiser is trying to communicate a different challenge. I believe you are correct, they could easily make a microphone that would work with all "android" phones, but the issue is not the microphone, it is the headphone side. Specifically, their claim seems to be that due to the mechanicals of myriad microphone setups in myriad android devices, they would all interact differently with the audio side, i.e. "maintain the quality of audio" as the rep said. After all, they are on the same wire. iOS devices are identical in this regard so there is less of an issue. It is a colorable argument to say a change in mechanicals from one android phone to another could affect the sound and thus they would have to test the many different handsets to ensure this was not the case, making it cost ineffective to do so. 

Now, of course, this could also be a bogus statement on sennheiser's part, but it makes more sense than just not being able to make a microphone cord.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back