Sennheiser Gains New MOMENTUM
Sep 1, 2012 at 10:09 AM Post #61 of 461
Quote:
I might take one in brown.  I am hopeful the cups are aluminum vs. plastic.

Where are the color choices detailed?  I've only seen the brown option thus far.

Concerning the cup materials, I too have been speculating.  The incompleteness of the caption under this picture is equal parts frustrating and hilarious. 

Sep 1, 2012 at 10:28 AM Post #62 of 461
Quote:

Where are the color choices detailed?  I've only seen the brown option thus far.

Concerning the cup materials, I too have been speculating.  The incompleteness of the caption under this picture is equal parts frustrating and hilarious. 

Saw the caption- ha!  I'm thinking if they were plastic, they wouldn't be worth mentioning at all, so better than 50/50 they are aluminum.  Regarding the black, might be color blindness on my part as I couldn't find the picture I thought I saw in black, so color choice is simpler now- brown or brown, which is fine with me.

Sep 1, 2012 at 10:58 AM Post #63 of 461
For focks sake. 
Just ordered DT990 premium's that are arriving to my doorsteps by Monday. 

Momentum looks perfect as far as looks and price go. Senn saying it will be have more of a bass emphasis hurts even more. :frowning2:

Sep 1, 2012 at 12:59 PM Post #64 of 461
I hope they don't forget to include an Android mic cablee as well. With companies like V-Moda and Monster doing this as standard, it would be a huge oversight for a company with such marketshare as Sennheiser to not include one.

Sep 1, 2012 at 1:18 PM Post #65 of 461
Quote:
For focks sake. 
Just ordered DT990 premium's that are arriving to my doorsteps by Monday. 

Momentum looks perfect as far as looks and price go. Senn saying it will be have more of a bass emphasis hurts even more. :frowning2:

If it's any consolation, there is always supposedly a better headphone around the corner.  As much as I like what I see so far, I could hypothetically put the Momentum on my ears for 5 minutes and decide it is not what I expected.  Then again, it could be a dream headphone....maybe you should refuse the package :)

Sep 1, 2012 at 2:22 PM Post #66 of 461
If it's any consolation, there is always supposedly a better headphone around the corner.  As much as I like what I see so far, I could hypothetically put the Momentum on my ears for 5 minutes and decide it is not what I expected.  Then again, it could be a dream headphone....maybe you should refuse the package :)

if you decide if a headphone is for you or not in 5 minutes then you are doing it wrong

Sep 1, 2012 at 3:39 PM Post #67 of 461
Dear Sennheiser Momentum,

Please, please sound good. There are no closed, circumaural, and reasonably portable headphones currently in existence which appeal to me, and I really want a headphone like that to exist. I really liked the Philips Uptown, but just couldn't live with their cable and the constant fear of channel imbalance. With your detachable audio only cable, you or the MDR-R1 could be the answer to my prayers. Just please don't sound bad.

Sincerely,

manveru

Sep 1, 2012 at 3:48 PM Post #68 of 461
Quote:
if you decide if a headphone is for you or not in 5 minutes then you are doing it wrong

I completely agree if it is a good, capable headphone.  I usually audition a headphone for about 2 weeks before ultimately deciding.  However, I have also tried a number of really bad headphones (at least to my ears) where I knew very quickly they were not for me.  There are 3 upcoming models I plan to audition extensively and expect that at least one will meet my needs which are exceptional mids and highs coupled with powerful bass:

Momentum
V-Moda M-100
Ultrasone Signature DJ

Sep 1, 2012 at 4:01 PM Post #69 of 461
I'm looking for a good over the ear closed headphone - was just about to pull the trigger on the vModa M-100 then I saw this thread..
Under consideration are the AKG K550, M-100 and now the Momentum.  Since I use the vModa M-80 for portable use and have a couple other great cans, I'll wait for the reviews.. 
popcorn.gif

Sep 1, 2012 at 4:39 PM Post #71 of 461
Quote:
I'm looking for a good over the ear closed headphone - was just about to pull the trigger on the vModa M-100 then I saw this thread..
Under consideration are the AKG K550, M-100 and now the Momentum.  Since I use the vModa M-80 for portable use and have a couple other great cans, I'll wait for the reviews.. 
popcorn.gif

I currently own the K550, have pre-ordered the M-100, and am able to haggle the pricing of most Sennheisers through a personal connection. (save for my favorite, the HD600... go figure)  Pending the first impression scrawls are inoffensive, I'm likely to have all three in-house for direct comparison when they come to market.

Sep 1, 2012 at 4:44 PM Post #72 of 461
Sweet! Will look forward to your comparisons.. just looking for a decent closed off pair so I can listen beside my wife on the couch while she watches reality TV (which I hate) instead of of being in my office all of the time.
Quote:

I currently own the K550, have pre-ordered the M-100, and am able to haggle the pricing of most Sennheisers through a personal connection. (save for my favorite, the HD600... go figure)  Pending the first impression scrawls are inoffensive, I'm likely to have all three in-house for direct comparison when they come to market.

Sep 1, 2012 at 6:09 PM Post #74 of 461
Quote:
popcorn.gif

Just to give you a heads up. The AKG K550 is a very revealing headphone. Bad source files like those from youtube and spotify and low-bitrate files will sound bad and will reveal any flaws in the recording. If you're using FLACs of well-mastered recordings, you shuuld be fine, but beware. The B&W, your V-Moda's are more on the musical side and cover up flaws. The AKG is more for audio engineers, HD movie watchers and those with high quality source files. Just giving you a heads up.

Sep 1, 2012 at 6:20 PM Post #75 of 461
Quote:

I think I'll be posting first impressions of this headphone today or tomorrow, but I really like it. It's not what I'd call a reference headphone, per se, but it's very well executed for what it is (in my opinion).

So these may lie in between the M100 and the K550. I'm looking forward to impressions!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back