Sennheiser 'For Digital' ..why?
Dec 2, 2008 at 3:10 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 32

Nocturnal310

Headphoneus Supremus
Hi guys,

if u have seen the HD600's box..theres 'For Digital' written under the Sennheiser .

and under that its written 'Natural Sound'.

what does For Digital exactly signify in the HD600?

just curious to know.

Dec 2, 2008 at 3:24 AM Post #5 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by scytheavatar /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's no different from that dumb ultrasone 'S-Logic'.

Here we go again...
biggrin.gif
JK

Dec 2, 2008 at 5:15 AM Post #7 of 32
I'm sure a Senn rep could put a better spin on it, but it's a typical buzz wordy blurb.
Also "Better sound through research" was already taken.

Dec 2, 2008 at 5:23 AM Post #9 of 32
Lets give Senn a little credit here. They have always been honest and straightforward -- I have dealt with the U.S. office. I do not think of them as "slick marketing"

I think they are trying to imply that you can plug them directly in to e.g an iPod dock, a PC sound card, or other digital music appliance.

People think you can do this with street phones, but not big audiophile circumaural phones like the HD600s. Hence the label on the box. They can't say "OK for iPods and MP3 players" since that could be misleading (some won't drive these), but they don't want a desktop system or iPod dock user passing them up.

Hey, they sound better amp'd. Mine are usually plugged into a Head-Direct EF1. But Senn did not want you to look at the box and think of a huge home stereo system only.

Hence the "For Digital".

Dec 2, 2008 at 5:27 AM Post #10 of 32
I can see how "ipod ready" or "for ipod/iphone" can be a smart thing to have on a box.

BUT "for digital" and "mp3 compatible" are nonsense.

Dec 2, 2008 at 8:12 AM Post #11 of 32
yea when products say "ipod/iphone ready", that can be an eye catcher for ppl when shopping for ear/headphones since most ppl have ipods or iphones, but when it says "mp3 compatible", that doesnt really make sense because headphones are made to listen to all sorts of audio..

another way to view is when u buy a box of pizza and on the box it says "for eating". its like...uh..what else is pizza good for?

Dec 2, 2008 at 10:07 AM Post #15 of 32
Man i cant believe that..at the beginning of the year HD205 were my first pair of real fully detailed headphones..and its end of 2008 and i have all this HD600, DAC's , Amps lying around..

Thanks for notifying me..i thought 'Headphone Supremus' is a title given by mods approval and not based on post count

Users who are viewing this thread

Back