Sennheiser debuts a bunch of new headphones at IFA
Dec 10, 2016 at 2:25 AM Post #466 of 520
It was by impression to the best of my ability. Unfortunately, I was not able to bring the HD598 into the shop today for an A/B/X session; however, I was conditioning myself to the sound signature of HD598 for the past few days (wearing only HD598 for 5-6 hours over several nights), so that I could gain a more accurate difference in impression when I tested out the HD599.

Dec 11, 2016 at 12:04 PM Post #467 of 520
Maybe the demo 599 unit is still relatively new? There's some report that it came out if the box is bassier than the 598, but then settle down somewhat after some use (burn in?) then it became identical.. What else do you find different?

Dec 17, 2016 at 7:44 PM Post #468 of 520
Anyone actually compare the HD579/599 with either of the HD558/598? Yeah yeah yeah, this replaces that, that replaces this. I've read that this entire thread but nobody has yet to have them both in their hand at the same time to compare yet. Anyone do this yet? 

Dec 19, 2016 at 5:10 AM Post #470 of 520
  Anyone compared the new HD 2 series with the PX100? PX100 still seem to be available on Amazon. Thorn on which pair to buy.

I wonder how is the comfort of these considering much bulkier earcups? PX100-II is the most comfortable headphone in the world :) Discontinuing PX100 would be a big mistake since it's such an iconic product!

Dec 19, 2016 at 1:13 PM Post #471 of 520
  Anyone compared the new HD 2 series with the PX100? PX100 still seem to be available on Amazon. Thorn on which pair to buy.

I love the PX100, and I'd suggest getting them while you can if you want open-back headphones (in case they're discontinued or become unavailable).  Unfortunately, it looks like all the HD 2 series are closed-back.

Dec 19, 2016 at 5:00 PM Post #472 of 520
My HD 4.30 sounds awesome but the headband has started to make creaking sounds where it connects to the cup. It creaks when I move my head or jaw. You can only hear it when wearing the headphones but it's pretty annoying when you just want to hear the music.

Dec 20, 2016 at 10:08 AM Post #473 of 520
  My HD 4.30 sounds awesome but the headband has started to make creaking sounds where it connects to the cup. It creaks when I move my head or jaw. You can only hear it when wearing the headphones but it's pretty annoying when you just want to hear the music.

I've solved it now, all it took was a little bit of bike oil. 
etysmile.gif

Dec 31, 2016 at 12:27 PM Post #475 of 520
Just got the HD 4.30g and i got to say,,i think its like a momentum (1st gen) but with a little more bass.. Boomy bass with a little more extension on the lower end. And I think the mids and highs are almost the same, with the momentum has a little more,,ummmm,,sparkle/bright. The Earcups are also quite small, so after long listening session it hurts the back of my ears.

But comparing it to the MDR-1A,,Sony is my preferred choice in the long run (tighter bass, no distortion on highs and mids, more open soundstage).

But, for what you pay for the headphone, it's really worth it..:)

Jan 1, 2017 at 3:44 PM Post #476 of 520
Just got the HD 4.30g and i got to say,,i think its like a momentum (1st gen) but with a little more bass.. Boomy bass with a little more extension on the lower end. And I think the mids and highs are almost the same, with the momentum has a little more,,ummmm,,sparkle/bright. The Earcups are also quite small, so after long listening session it hurts the back of my ears.

But comparing it to the MDR-1A,,Sony is my preferred choice in the long run (tighter bass, no distortion on highs and mids, more open soundstage).

But, for what you pay for the headphone, it's really worth it..
smily_headphones1.gif

Cool! How would you compare the noise isolation with the MDR-1A's?

Jan 3, 2017 at 2:53 AM Post #477 of 520
Isolation is better on the hd 4.30 (probably because of the thicker padding)..but the earcups are small, so that is a compromise.

On the side note, the materials used on these headphones are quite cheap,,all plastic build..no metal parts..except for that leather earpads..:grin:

Jan 7, 2017 at 5:38 PM Post #478 of 520
We live at a time of many affordable headphones so Sennheiser has their job cut out for them 
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 22, 2017 at 2:08 AM Post #479 of 520
I also want to know how the new HD 2 series stacks up against the PX 200 II's. I have been pretty much addicted to my PX 200 II's with some strayings here and there for the last few years. I find their durability, comfort (I find them VERY comfortable), and good sound to be hard to beat. 

Mar 24, 2017 at 10:28 AM Post #480 of 520

Users who are viewing this thread

Back