Sennheiser CX985 Review
Apr 10, 2014 at 2:56 AM Post #31 of 37
Thank you! Really good review!

Apr 10, 2014 at 3:05 AM Post #32 of 37
Quote:Originally Posted by mark2410 /img/forum/go_quote.gif  
Specification:  Frequency response 16 - 24000 Hz, Sound pressure level (SPL) 115 dB, Impedance 32 Ω, THD, total harmonic distortion < 0.1 %, Cable length 1.2 m, Weight 338g (note a lot of that weight is jack so you don’t notice it)

wow, that's a lot :)

Apr 11, 2014 at 2:24 AM Post #34 of 37
  yes it certainly is

Maybe you forgot to put dot ? :) 33.8 g Or you listed the weight with packaging? Because 338g is weight of mini tablet :)

I wish that CX985 protective case was also included into CX 980i box which i recently purchased. It's much more convenient than case for CX980.

BTW, Mark, maybe you know the correct model name of this case? I like it.

Apr 11, 2014 at 5:44 AM Post #35 of 37
oh yes, there probably should be decimal point in there shouldnt there.  tbh normally the "specs" just are a copy paste job off the companies website so oops, not sure how that happened.

the case, what the horrible leather with an elastic band case i got?  its senns biggest failing, they insanely over engineer the cases to the point they are unpleasant to use.  im afraid i dont know its name, an email to sennheiser would be your best bet there i think but....... id be inclined to get a more functional case off ebay.

Jul 18, 2015 at 5:36 PM Post #36 of 37
Hi Mark2410, 
Plz help me, 
I have cx985 and i too much like the sound signature of these IEM but now i want to upgrade my earphones.  I have three options jvc1100,  dunu 2000j and Fidue A83.  
Plz can you help me,  l want to know wich one has the same sound signature as the cx985. 
One more thing i like the cx985 but some time the brightness of these IEM hurt my ears,  
I want a soft,  clean,  transparent sound with a tight bass impact ( m not a basshead but i like a solid tight bass impact in my music) . 
I don't use any amp or DAP/DAC i listen my music directly from my Samsung galaxy note4. 
Thanks in advance. 

Jul 20, 2015 at 2:40 PM Post #37 of 37
  Hi Mark2410, 
Plz help me, 
I have cx985 and i too much like the sound signature of these IEM but now i want to upgrade my earphones.  I have three options jvc1100,  dunu 2000j and Fidue A83.  
Plz can you help me,  l want to know wich one has the same sound signature as the cx985. 
One more thing i like the cx985 but some time the brightness of these IEM hurt my ears,  
I want a soft,  clean,  transparent sound with a tight bass impact ( m not a basshead but i like a solid tight bass impact in my music) . 
I don't use any amp or DAP/DAC i listen my music directly from my Samsung galaxy note4. 
Thanks in advance. 

hello, well  im afraid ive nat actually heard any of the three IEM's you mention.  so i cant really help with your specific issue.

however if yoru looking for a bit of a V shaped sound them soemuthing like the IE80 / IE8?  othewise my guess would be the JVC one might suit you, should have a similar dip and breadth in the mids.  soemthing like T-PEOS might suit too, they are very dramatic sounding thrill rides.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back