Sennheiser CX95 vs Super fi 3 vs Klipsch Custom 2
Nov 30, 2008 at 9:49 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 35

Nielo TM

100+ Head-Fier
Nov 30, 2008 at 12:55 PM Post #2 of 35
Wow, thats a good price for the Custom 2's.

I have the CX95s (bought for £39.99 + postage) and just bought Custom 1s when they were reduced to £17.99. I love them both in different ways.

When I first got my CX95 I thought they were muddy and a not much better than CX300s. With burn in and getting used to them I began to love them as good all round earphones. They sound nice with most music types and are very comfortable to wear. The detail seems to have improves since I first started wearing them.

Then I got the Custom 1s and with a lot of fiddling round got a good seal and was impressed with the clarity. If you don't get it right they are uncomfortable and lacking in bass. Get it right and they sound great and fit well. They can be quite harsh with highs though.

However, the Custom 2 should be miles ahead of the Custom 1 and I would expect that they sound a fair bit better than CX95s but are perhaps not as comfortable for casual use.

Nov 30, 2008 at 3:59 PM Post #4 of 35
Aye, I spotted that hefty mark down on the 2's and ordered myself a pair. Hopefully, the 3's might see a significant price reduction soon to keep with the trend!

Nov 30, 2008 at 4:58 PM Post #6 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by mark2410 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i wondered the same, lol part of me really wants that to happen but another part (ie the wallet) really hopes they dont

I hear yer lol. Still, the custom 3's have tickled my fancy since they came out but the lack of impressions on them- and their mrp coupled with that- diswayed me. A price reduction and I might have to pounce
tongue.gif

Nov 30, 2008 at 5:33 PM Post #8 of 35
Custom 2s are very tempting. I like to have two pairs of earphones at any one time (I get through them quite quickly and like to have a spare).

At the moment I have CX95s and Klipsch Custom 1s but I'm very tempted by the Custom 2 and the Nuforce IEMs look interesting. Its a real test to see if I can stick to my two pairs rule (or I might see if I can sell my Custom 1s to buy Custom 2s).

It would be interesting to find someone who has tried the SuperFi 3s and can add to the comparison.

Nov 30, 2008 at 6:32 PM Post #9 of 35
the custom 3 became instantly very interesting when i got my custom 1 and put some shure olives on them, i just love the sound signature on them, even more i think maybe than my SE530's but the custom 1's on some songs just cant cope and crap out, there just so much detail lost that i hope the 3 when i eventually get them will restore (hoping the 2's when they arrive will be put back some of that detail)

Nov 30, 2008 at 8:06 PM Post #14 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by theriel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Can somebody say something about Super fi 3 ? I was thinking to buy them until I saw this tread about Klipsch - could somebody say which one to choose?

Thank you!

The super fi 3's have been out ages so they will have been discussed and analysed etc etc many times before. Use the search button
wink.gif

Nov 30, 2008 at 8:12 PM Post #15 of 35
Heh, BloodSugar00 - the point is that I know that they are quite good (at least that's the general idea I read going through subjects on this forum), but I want some answer as for: Klipsch Custom 2 VS Super fi 3
wink.gif

And there is no comparison between these two (or at least I didn't find it anywhere).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back