Sennheiser CX200 alternatives?
Sep 28, 2012 at 7:31 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

DannleChannel

New Head-Fier
I had a pair of Sennheiser CX200's, and I loved them dearly. I got them on sale for $15 or so from Newegg, and they're easily the best in-ear headphones I've owned. One of the lines died on mine a few months ago, though, so I threw them away. They're on sale again on Newegg for $20, and I'm tempted to buy them, but I don't want another pair that dies (from research and experience the CX200's seem to have a nasty reputation for lasting less than 6 months before dying).
So my question is, are there any alternatives that sound similar or better for around the same price range? I'd like to keep it under 30 USD.

Sep 28, 2012 at 8:44 PM Post #2 of 3
The JVC FX40 sound very similar to the CX200. I am a cX200 owner and would use them for the gym. I have started using the JVC in favor of the Senn because they seem to be a little more balanced in the mids department but still have that great bass and sparkly highs that the 200 has.

I think you will enjoy them for 20 dollars (pretty much anywhere). Some people say you have to "burn them in" meaning play music through them unattended for days on end to get the trebble to smooth out a bit. I did it and frankly I am not sure if it is true or not or if it is just in my head but to me they sound great for 20 bucks.

Doc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back