Sennheiser CX 380 Sport 2 reviews?
Jan 2, 2009 at 7:44 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 32

Bigfieroman

Head-Fier
Anyone want to review these? I have been considering them, but I don't want to drop $80 on something I might hate!

I think Jaawa has a pair...

Jan 3, 2009 at 2:15 AM Post #2 of 32
Bump.

Jan 13, 2009 at 12:43 AM Post #3 of 32
bump?

Jan 13, 2009 at 9:48 AM Post #4 of 32
well seing as no one else is commenting on them, i dont have them but i think it would probably be a safe bet to assume you are looking that them specifically becasue they are sports ones ie sweat safe.

looking at them they look very similar to the cx55 and 95 but given cost id say sound wise more likely based on the cx55 but.....

all senheiser iems are fairly similar in that cost range, tend to be bass heavy but otherwise alright. i would expect them to be perfectly adequate for the job of fairly good sound while exercising

Jan 13, 2009 at 10:14 AM Post #6 of 32
No bass? lol.

If this is a sport version of the CX 55/95 then I'll probably get one if I can find it at a decent price. I need to get back to jogging/cycling soon and get rid of that Christmas belly!

Jan 13, 2009 at 10:52 AM Post #7 of 32
had a quick froogle before and think the cheapest i saw was just under £40, was tempted myself but thought for that money i could just spend a tad more and get cx95 (i am what is commonly known as a fat lazy b*stard and really dont need its sporty attributes:)

good value price though, slightly cheaper here than the us it would apear

Jan 20, 2009 at 11:50 PM Post #8 of 32
I may as well bump this thread. But I would agree with the above posts that these CX380's would hopefully sound similar to the regular CX lines for Sennheiser. I still dislike the colour.

Edit: I just found out that the CX380's have an assymetrical cable. Leading me to believe that my initial assumptions were correct that these earphones are the sportier version of the CX300. But they will cost me $30 more than the CX300 so I am not sure if it is worth it. After all, the Sportiness could just be a gimmick and these headphones may not be that much more durable than the CX300 at all.

Edit #2: I just thought of something else really cool, if possible. Maybe these earphones have enough isolation to stop water that you could wear them while showering?

Jul 7, 2009 at 11:18 AM Post #10 of 32
I've been away from Head-Fi for a while, sorry for ignoring you guys! I'm going to review the CX 380 Sport II this week, maybe tomorrow, I'll also give my thoughts and testing results with the FiiO E5 amp.

So yes, I'm back now, and next up is Jaawa's HeadphonEXPERIENCE '09
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 14, 2009 at 8:25 AM Post #11 of 32
I'm sorry to say, but Sennheiser CX380 headphones, which were advertised as water-resistant, were a complete failure in my case.

They started off well and the sound quality was fine, however one of the speakers died after two weeks of moderate use in the middle of a treadmill run. No exposure to rain or anything like that.

I work out a lot - I do weight workouts and run 5-10 miles (mostly outdoors) and I sweat a lot. I tried just about every brand of in-ear headphones - Sony, Panasonic, JVC, SkullCandy, V-Moda, other Sennheiser models, etc, and I still yet have to find in-ear headphones that will last for more than a couple of months with my regimen.

At some point I started to keep track of how long every model lasts, and Sennheiser CX380 is absolutely the worst case so far.

I am trying Aquapac now (supposedly completely waterproof) - so far so good, but given prior experience, I'll wait for a while before reviewing them.

I sent my CX380 to the customer service, but received no response yet after over 20 days. I used their products in the past, but unlike this one, they all performed well and I never had to deal with their customer service yet. I'll update this thread if I hear back.

Jul 14, 2009 at 11:42 AM Post #12 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cozzamara /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm sorry to say, but Sennheiser CX380 headphones, which were advertised as water-resistant, were a complete failure in my case.

They started off well and the sound quality was fine, however one of the speakers died after two weeks of moderate use in the middle of a treadmill run. No exposure to rain or anything like that.

I work out a lot - I do weight workouts and run 5-10 miles (mostly outdoors) and I sweat a lot. I tried just about every brand of in-ear headphones - Sony, Panasonic, JVC, SkullCandy, V-Moda, other Sennheiser models, etc, and I still yet have to find in-ear headphones that will last for more than a couple of months with my regimen.

At some point I started to keep track of how long every model lasts, and Sennheiser CX380 is absolutely the worst case so far.

I am trying Aquapac now (supposedly completely waterproof) - so far so good, but given prior experience, I'll wait for a while before reviewing them.

I sent my CX380 to the customer service, but received no response yet after over 20 days. I used their products in the past, but unlike this one, they all performed well and I never had to deal with their customer service yet. I'll update this thread if I hear back.

I'm sorry to hear that. I've had mine for six months now and they work like a dream, I've used them while jogging, rollerskating and casually too. Cleaned them by keeping them under running tapwater. I've also banged them a few times on accident, dropped them etc. and I'd say they're pretty damn rugged. Or maybe mine are on the brink of falling apart, who knows, but so far, they've delivered.

That in-depth review is coming guys, just wait a day or two, I've been mega busy and have been able to write only a couple of pages last week
smily_headphones1.gif

(I have 3 audio products to review in the same batch afterall)

Jul 30, 2009 at 6:37 AM Post #13 of 32
I received replacement CX380 from Sennheiser in reasonable time. So far so good.., but we'll see.

Aquapacs lasted about a month.

In the mean time, I purchased new general purpose in-ears as a backup - Audio-Technica ATH-CK1W for $30-ish in J&R, and they perform surprisingly well, even with sport use.

Jul 30, 2009 at 6:37 AM Post #14 of 32
I received replacement CX380 from Sennheiser in reasonable time. So far so good.., but we'll see.

Aquapacs lasted about a month.

In the mean time, I purchased new general purpose in-ears as a backup - Audio-Technica ATH-CK1W for $30-ish in J&R, and they perform surprisingly well, even with sport use.

Aug 29, 2009 at 10:05 PM Post #15 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bigfieroman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Anyone want to review these? I have been considering them, but I don't want to drop $80 on something I might hate!

I think Jaawa has a pair...

Well I surely took my time, but I got done with the review at last. Maybe you've already bought them, or bought something else, it's been like 8 months since you've asked for a review. But here it is.
http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f4/cx-...review-442546/

Thanks for reading, I hope this benefits at least someone
smily_headphones1.gif
Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back