Sennheiser Comparison
Nov 19, 2008 at 11:51 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Shlubster

New Head-Fier
Hi

As I am new to this forum please excuse me if I misplaced this thread or am asking a ridiculous question.

Anyways, Recently my Skullcandy Skullcrushers broke ( im sure some of you are laughing because i used skullcandy ) and so ive been looking at earphones and the first company i went to look at was Sennheiser because of their superb reputation for great quality earphones.

Eventually i decided i want to get a pair of HD 435 and as i was looking at specifications i noticed that the PX 100 has a larger range of Frequency Response and also has a slightly greater SPL. Finally, the THD is also less than the HD 435. Although the PX 100's sound like the better headphone they are less expensive than the HD 435's so I am just wondering, why go for the HD 435's that are more expensive and visually appear more powerful when the PX 100's are technically better ( from my perspective )

Thanks for the Help
Shlubster

Nov 20, 2008 at 12:37 AM Post #2 of 7
They're very different beasts. I own a pair of PX 100 and they're fairly fragile feeling, but they fold up into their case and can fit in a jacket pocket. I don't own the HD 435s, but I have owned the 495s and they're built much better and the 435s look like they are too. So do you want a pair of portable phones or a pair of full-sized phones? Since you broke your last pair I'd lean towards the sturdier 435s.

Nov 20, 2008 at 2:52 AM Post #3 of 7
The technical specs don't really mean much and are not a good basis for comparing headphones.

You should try find a place that sells both sets of headphones so you can compare them properly.

Nov 20, 2008 at 3:37 AM Post #5 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by fraseyboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The technical specs don't really mean much and are not a good basis for comparing headphones.

the technical specs do mean something important unless you're just too lazy to understand them or take them into account, however they will not tell you a thing about how the headphones are going to "sound"

however, in the way the OP is using the specs, thats relatively incorrect, so stop (lulz), I would say that the HD 435 will have some advantages over the PX 100, while the PX 100 will have some advantages over the HD 435, I would honestly suggest an audition

one thing to point out, since you owned Skullcandy headphones, you probably love lots of bass (thats basically all they do), Sennheiser might not be the first choice, you may want to consider Denon (AH-D501k and AH-D1001k in particular) or Beyerdynamic

Nov 20, 2008 at 3:52 AM Post #6 of 7
i do love bass, hence i was looking at the HD 435's because they are supposed to have great bass

ill mainly be using these headphones on my computer in a room so the Supra Aural is good and the open earphones is not a problem because i am not looking for sound cancelling

i was mainly just curious about how specifications can appear better on a cheaper headphone set that is physically smaller ( not sure about the drive size )

thanks for the help guys

Users who are viewing this thread

Back