Sennheiser announces HD600 Driver/Cable Upgrade
Apr 1, 2002 at 7:22 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

eric343

Member of the Trade: Audiogeek: The "E" in META42
Translated from the German by me.

HAMBURG, Germany- Today Sennheiser Corporation announced that their top-of-the-line "HD600" headphones would begin shipping with upgraded drivers and cables. "We've heard many complaints from users about the low-quality of the HD600s' cables, so we decided to upgrade," said Meingott Walter, a lead design engineer for Sennheiser. The new drivers are the result of collaboration between Sennheiser and Sony Corporation, and will feature the best of the Sennheiser "Trokklian Star Cruiser" headphones and the Sony "MDR-V300DJ" headphones. In addition, the cables will be new "Twisted Double-Helix Steel-Tungsten Alloy-Core" wires with a minimum bend-radius of 1.5 meters. These innovations will have the unfortunate side-effect of increasing the price of the HD600 and HD580 headphones to 500 euros, however Walter assured us that the sound of the new headphones would be "previously unheard-of in headphones in this price range." When asked about a 3-million-euro order from Amsterdam Sadistic Torture Accessories, Walter declined to comment.

Apr 1, 2002 at 7:25 PM Post #2 of 10
Very Cute
evil_smiley.gif

Apr 1, 2002 at 8:20 PM Post #6 of 10
hmmm... another waiting game for me

so how much did it increase over the original price?

EDIT: seems like it got cheaper? msrp for hd 600 original price was 450 USD right? 500 euros ~ 440.301 USD

i'm confused someone clear this up for me
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back