Sennheiser Amperiors?
May 17, 2012 at 5:05 PM Post #126 of 1,022
Custom whatever headphones in UK (I'll pm you the dealer but that should be enough to find them, the clue is in 'custom')... you know the coo... they say they're taking pre-orders & will send the headphones out on day of release, so you then part with your hard earned scheckles... then you read that someone has got their's and you think What where are mine, so you phone to see where they are and the dealer says, looks like they've been released in Apple stores & Sennheiser have confirmed that and we should have ours in a few weeks they have said... What

May 17, 2012 at 7:01 PM Post #129 of 1,022
Just called the apple stores around SoCal and apparently they're still not available over here. 
triportsad.gif

May 18, 2012 at 4:32 AM Post #130 of 1,022
Quote:

Got it from Apple Store. I think they ran out of stock again.

The Amperior will only be available from Apple for the first two months, according to Sennheiser.

And - only in-store and not on-line - if it's on the same contract as the HD 700 and 800.

May 18, 2012 at 8:21 AM Post #131 of 1,022
Quote:

The Amperior will only be available from Apple for the first two months, according to Sennheiser.

And - only in-store and not on-line - if it's on the same contract as the HD 700 and 800.

just goes to show that there will be a lot of people who will be mightily disappointed with placing a pre-order delivery, this after the dealer proclaims you will have them the day of release... it appears money comes before any form of honesty.

May 18, 2012 at 5:03 PM Post #132 of 1,022

I officially joined 'Club Amperior' today! 
L3000.gif

Straight out the box these headphones sound amazing - wow! I've got shivers up and down my spine listening right now (and it ain't cold in my room). 
wink.gif

May 18, 2012 at 6:45 PM Post #134 of 1,022
Quote:
Welcome to the club.

Where did you get it from in the end Windsor?

Got it from the Apple store in Stratford, London (for anyone else interested, they had another two pairs of the silver and a few of the blue version). Great shopping mall, too - the biggest in Europe apparently. 

Have you noticed any change in the sound of your Amperior since you got it?

May 18, 2012 at 6:50 PM Post #135 of 1,022
Quote:

Got it from the Apple store in Stratford (for anyone else interested, they had another two pairs of the silver and a few of the blue version.) Great shopping mall, too - the biggest in Europe apparently. 

Have you noticed any change in the sound of your Amperior since you got it?

Yes. I agree with you straight out of the box is a bit wow.

Bass has tightened up after 15+ hours burning in (rather than being too boomy - it's the right amount for me). Soundstage gradually widening too.

How different would you describe when comparing the Amperior to the HD 25s?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back