Sennheiser, AKG, Bose : low budget choice
Feb 28, 2006 at 3:25 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

ziofauri

New Head-Fier
Hi! I'm a new italian member. I'm going to buy a new headphones, but i have a low budget. The audio quality is my priority and the headphones should be closed type. Better if they are not too heavy.
I will use it at home or outside.
I saw these models, any opinion on it?
Sennheiser HD 202
Sennheiser EH 250
AKG K101
Bose Triport
Behringer HPS5000

I saw also models by Stanton, are these good also for non-dj?
Which differences between these models? Which are not to buy? Have you other models or suggestions for me?
I say GOOD LUCK for all of you, and hope to spend good times with you!
Bye
580smile.gif

Feb 28, 2006 at 3:34 PM Post #2 of 13
Why are you listing the Triports, a 150 dollar headphone, alongwith the 202, a 20 dollar headphone?

The AKG k271s are generally liked quality wise for closed headphones, as are the Sennheiser HD280pros. On the cheaper side, HD202 and 201 are well recommended, and so are the Sony "Eggo" headphones.

Feb 28, 2006 at 3:46 PM Post #3 of 13
You really should use the search function. Also, check out the link in my signature. It's got lots of cheap, good headphones.

Feb 28, 2006 at 5:51 PM Post #4 of 13
I understand that the bose are too expensive and also bad..
I read a lot in the forum..and..
i'm now concerning about this models (no more on the models in the first post):
sennheiser eh 250
sennheiser hd 212pro
behringer hps5000
beyer dt231
audio-technica ath-t22
akg k101

Wich you suggest me? Differences? My only point is..good isolation (closed type), suond quality and portability.
thanks a lot
580smile.gif

Feb 28, 2006 at 7:14 PM Post #5 of 13
The headphones you're selecting are just totally all over the map, and some of them are a little obscure (not mentioned too often here). Did you do a search? Did you check out the Bose Alternatives Thread?

Feb 28, 2006 at 7:40 PM Post #6 of 13
I saw that most of these are good and rated headphones..the problem is wich one should I buy. In Italy its very hard to try models in shops, also to find it (i will use internet or ebay).
Maybe I should watch the impediance, the sensivity, the frequence...the probles is I haven't the knowledge to understand this numbers...what they are?
Sorry for the many questions
basshead.gif

Feb 28, 2006 at 8:26 PM Post #8 of 13
Out of the mentioned cans the beyer DT231. But... If you are not so tight on the budget try one of these cans:
Beyerdynamic DT531 (not closed, but great cans) - if you happen to find one in Italy (very much sought after here in Head-Fi).
AKG K271 - Austria is neighbouring Italy, so the prices should be good.
Sennheiser HD-25 if you happen to find them at a good price.
I also recommend you to look at the For Sale forum as there are many bargains out there. If I was you I would try to purchase my cans this way.
Generaly compare the prices in Italy with those in other countries (USA???) as prices are sometimes inflated.
You didn't mention your music preferences - this is important.
Good Luck.

Mar 1, 2006 at 1:02 AM Post #10 of 13
I listen rock music, like Deep Purple music; or pop music, like
U2; also Pink Floyd are in my favorites; sometimes classical music (Schonberg,ecc..).

I prefer a closed model, for isolation and public places.

Mar 1, 2006 at 1:34 AM Post #12 of 13
Any ideas of Technics, Stanton or Behringer headphones?

I saw that the impedance value is very different on some models, what does it mean?
For ex: Sennhauser hd212pro, eh 250, beyer dt231, audio-technica ath-t22 have 32 ohm;
akg k101 has 19 ohm;
koss ur-40 has 60 ohm.

eek.gif

Mar 1, 2006 at 1:55 AM Post #13 of 13
The higher the impendence, the more power it takes to drive the headphones properly. So while a pair of 30 ohm headphones could easily be driven by a portable player, a pair of 600 ohm headphones will require an amp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back