Sennheiser 598 vs Sennheiser 558
Dec 26, 2013 at 5:12 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

BigZam

New Head-Fier
I have a budget of $200 to spend of headphones and spend on accessories.

I have narrowed it down to the Sennheiser 598 and the Sennheiser 558. I know right out of the box, the 598 win without a doubt. But if I were to buy about a fiio e11 or something similar with the 558 would it be better than just the 598 by themselves? If the Sennheiser 598s would really benefit from an amp I would probably go over my budget a little and get the e6.

I play counterstrike competitively and I love that these have the great soundstage. I mainly listen to rock / indie rock. I am coming from Bose AE2 (I no longer have them). Is the padding any different from the two? The 598 look a lot more comfortable, but it may just because of the lighter color. 

Which headphones would you suggest for me to buy?

Dec 26, 2013 at 5:46 PM Post #2 of 2
  I have a budget of $200 to spend of headphones and spend on accessories.

I have narrowed it down to the Sennheiser 598 and the Sennheiser 558. I know right out of the box, the 598 win without a doubt. But if I were to buy about a fiio e11 or something similar with the 558 would it be better than just the 598 by themselves? If the Sennheiser 598s would really benefit from an amp I would probably go over my budget a little and get the e6.

I play counterstrike competitively and I love that these have the great sound stage. I mainly listen to rock / indie rock. I am coming from Bose AE2 (I no longer have them). Is the padding any different from the two? The 598 look a lot more comfortable, but it may just because of the lighter color. 

Which headphones would you suggest for me to buy?

The HD558 and HD598 use the same 50-Ohm driver, also with the HD558s you can remove the black rubber tape from inside the cups to make the HD558 more open, somewhat like the HD598.

Assuming your using a win PC.
Asus Xonar DG sound card, $27 and there is a $10 mail in rebate this month.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back