Sennheiser 575
Mar 25, 2002 at 10:41 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

pp312

Hoping to be taken seriously for once in his life
Anyone know anything about these phones? They don't figure in Sennheiser brochures and most shops don't stock them, but owners seem impressed. It's like Sennheiser are trying to keep them secret.

Mar 25, 2002 at 8:57 PM Post #2 of 5
If you consider purchasing the HD575, I recommend saving up your money and aim for the HD590 or HD580. The HD575 was a limited release product that was rumored to replace the HD570, but it never did. The rumor also entailed that the drivers for the HD575 cost too much to manufacture and the performance did not justify the cost.

The HD575 was introduced as a prototype headphone at some audio or electronic shows. Apparently it was very popular at these shows that Senn decided to manufacture them in limited quantities.

Their resistance is higher than the HD570 (I think 120 Ohms compared to the HD570's 64 Ohms). Therefore, they might be harder to drive without a good headphone amp.

Mar 26, 2002 at 2:30 AM Post #3 of 5
my brother won a pair of these off ubid.

IMO, they have no treble.

mind you, i'm someone who likes it rolled-off up there, but these are horrible. the bass is too forward as well (perhaps beacuse the treble is so recessed). if you like hip-hop . . . then maybe.

on the other hand, i didn't hear the HD575 with a headphone amp. the HD575 = 120 ohms.

i think you should save your money and go for the HD580's. the 580's CRUSH the HD575's, IMO.

the 580's are approx. 120 on ubid.

hope this helps.
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 26, 2002 at 1:01 PM Post #4 of 5
pp312, the Senn 575's seem to only be readily available in Australia, where I've seen them in a number of stores. I've also noticed that its difficult to get any info on them.

Limited edition would explain why. There probably not too popular and remaining stocks have probably all been moved to Australia, where we always get the left-overs
smily_headphones1.gif

I recently bought a pair, and to me there really good headphones, but I'm not an expert- far from that, these are just my second pair of phones ever. By all accounts from what Ive heard, apparently the 575's have the same driver as the 590's and seem to have similar characteristics, which is a bright (think thats the right term) sound, and with recessed mid range, giving a distant like feeling to some vocals.

Like I said, I'm no expert and I dont know how they compare to other Senns, although I have heard there not as good as 580's and 600's. But to me there great
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 26, 2002 at 4:24 PM Post #5 of 5
I have a pair of HD575s and they are decent, period. When compared to HD580/HD600 they are not nearly as good, but then again the price is MUCH lower. They have nice, if forward, bass with rolled off treble. Some music sounded pretty darned good, some didn't.

On another note, if you are interested, I am looking to sell the pair that I have
smily_headphones1.gif
I bought HD600s about 6 mos after purchasing these (upgrade-itus, I guess...) They are in great condition (probably under 100 hours of use) with original box. I'd like $60 shipped ground anywhere in the continental US. Given that you are in Austraila (should've checked first) it might not apply...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back