Sennheier HD565 Ovation Repair/Trade
Aug 19, 2011 at 5:55 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Moosecrash

New Head-Fier
I have a set of Sennheiser HD565 Ovation headphones.  After a long time of playing with a bad cable, I finally bought a new cable.  Initial results were great with no more intermittent cutting out of the right ear piece.  After about a month, though, I lost sound completely in the right earpiece.  Used some of my old experience in electronics to investigate deeper.  Not sure if it was the pressure of the new cable or what, but a really fine wire inside the eaepiece was broken off.  Tried to repair by soldering, but failed miserably working with the fine wire.  Just talked to the Sennheiser service center and feel somewhat better because they said the factory has determined repair of the fine wires is too difficult to even attempt.  They don't repair my type of failure and don't have a replacement earpiece.  What they would do is offer a discount on a new set of headphones.  They offered a price on a set of HD598 phones which would be a little bit less than what I paid for set of HD598 about a month ago.  By the way, I have used the 598 on two desktops, a laptop, an iPad, and the stero system.  I am very happy with the performance, but hate to just chuck out the old HD565 with one good earpiece.  Looking for someone with an HD565 with one bad earpiece who would be willing to arrage some sort of swap.   

Dec 9, 2011 at 8:14 PM Post #2 of 9
Hi there,

I, too have the same problem with my Sennheiser HD565 Ovation headphones, the right side wire snapped, and no spare parts available.

If you want toget rid of your headphones, or at least the speaker for it, I'd be willing to buy it from you .. Do you have a Paypal account ?

Richard

Dec 9, 2011 at 10:05 PM Post #3 of 9
To one or either of you with HD565 that need replacement drivers.... You can use HD600 drivers, the impedance is 300 ohms rather than 150 so you will have to replace both drivers. If the two of you can get together you can both fix your 565's. The drivers from the HD650's also work and are slightly less expensive. I rebuilt a HD565 with two of those and love the sound. Contact me if you need more details.

Dec 10, 2011 at 11:42 AM Post #4 of 9
Hi,

I am interested in where you ordered the HD600 or 650 parts.  If there is a website where this can be done on line, I would apprciate getting the link.  As you say, this might be the best solution for both Richard and me.

Thanks.

Karl 

Jan 4, 2012 at 4:47 AM Post #5 of 9

I have a similar problem with Sennheiser 560 (Ovation II - older but still good).
One earpiece has developed some rattle, so I am looking for another.

Any suggestions or help?

Feb 4, 2012 at 9:52 AM Post #6 of 9
I have the same problem with my headphones (also hd565) I would like to know how much it would cost me to send only the speaker part so I can replace mine...
like to hear from you
kind regards Djacco (the netherlands)

May 15, 2012 at 6:36 PM Post #7 of 9
I am not sure I am addressing the problem, but I've had these for years and my only problem has been the small metal connector between any one earpiece and the cable going there. The connectors are firmly implanted in each earpiece, but some head movements or pulling on the cable can temporarily cut the contact.

Just slightly touching the connector near the earpiece where the contact fails reestablishes contact. If not, play with it more firmly. Annoying, but not enough that I would go for the replacement cable-connector set.  The part number can be found in the Sennheiser site description of HD565..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back