Sennheaiser HD555 and a dac/amp
Jul 26, 2011 at 11:44 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

mikeman715

New Head-Fier
Hey all, I just got into the hi-fi world, and have been talking in a lot of great information from the forum--thank you

Okay, so I just got some Sennheiser HD555 and Im loving them, however Id like to clean the sound up a bit. As I play mostly from my Macbook pro, I decided on either the uDac 2 or the Fiio E7. I have real countless reviews on both and have NO idea on which to choose. So my question is which would you choose and why?

Also, Mods, feel free to move this if its in the wrong section.

Jul 27, 2011 at 12:09 AM Post #2 of 2
Hi,

I've heard both of those and have owned the HD555 and HD595 at the same time and have concluded that they do not improve much with amping. Of the two amp/dac combos you have listed I would have to say that the uDac2 is a more powerful amp and the internal DAC is nice. The FiiO is great sounding but lacking in power compered tot he uDac2. I would go with the uDac2.

Quote:
Hey all, I just got into the hi-fi world, and have been talking in a lot of great information from the forum--thank you

Okay, so I just got some Sennheiser HD555 and Im loving them, however Id like to clean the sound up a bit. As I play mostly from my Macbook pro, I decided on either the uDac 2 or the Fiio E7. I have real countless reviews on both and have NO idea on which to choose. So my question is which would you choose and why?

Also, Mods, feel free to move this if its in the wrong section.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back