Senn PX200 - WOW!
Mar 12, 2003 at 8:19 PM Post #46 of 58
I was talking about the PX200, not the PXC250. Yes, I've had the PX200 as well. As to what I thought of them... I gave them away
evil_smiley.gif

Mar 12, 2003 at 11:31 PM Post #47 of 58
im glad others are enjoying their px200's also
smily_headphones1.gif

it seemed up until recently these cans had a so so rep, but theres been an influx of good reviews. also, i remember someone asked about how these compare with grados. basically, the grados are still much more forward, the senns sound a tad more distant, tho i havent heard the hd600's to compare. but if you like your grados like i do, i think you'll also like the px200's.

Mar 12, 2003 at 11:37 PM Post #48 of 58
eek.gif

PX200s = THIN?
eek.gif

Do these things take hundreds of hours to burn in, and in that time turn from mid-bass bloaters into treble masters??

Something is seriously wrong somewhere here?!

Mar 13, 2003 at 12:07 AM Post #49 of 58
Austonia, I'm going to have to disagree with I think everything you said !
smily_headphones1.gif

I own the Porta Pros as well, and I wouldn't dare say that the Senns are thin in comparison, but instead that the Portas bass is mega bloated ! And how in the world...I mean really, this shocked and baffled the hell out of me...could you say that even compared to the Portas, they don't offer much isolation ?! That's plain nutty. I actually A/B'd them in a crowded place and there was NO comparison...the 200's offer "some" isolation, while the Koss' offer "NONE AT ALL".

As for the sound quality, IMO at price range they're in, they knock the Porta Pros off of their pedestal for sure. The bass is a hell of alot more refined and the trebble is more present/clear. Don't get me wrong, I still love my Portas, but for the money, the PX 200's are a much better buy.
Oh, I do agree with something you said..
Quote:

The PortaPros will try to choke you around the neck so you have to take them completey off

S.S.

Mar 13, 2003 at 12:15 AM Post #50 of 58
Quote:

Originally posted by bangraman
I was talking about the PX200, not the PXC250. Yes, I've had the PX200 as well. As to what I thought of them... I gave them away
evil_smiley.gif

bangraman,

So you've had both the 200 and the 250s. Do the 250s with the noise reduction off sound the same as the 200s? Personally, I think the 250s sound better with the noise reduction on. It opens up the sound, somehow. Still, I think they sound pretty decent with it off also.

Mar 13, 2003 at 12:30 AM Post #51 of 58
I have to reveal here that my titanic head didn't fit the PX200. What I had to do was to to hear their normal fitting sound was to wear them like a pair of Sony Street Styles, back to front. The PXC250 has a longer headband which fits me better.
But yes, they sound similar, only the PX200 is of course louder. They're bassier as well (in a wooly way) I think. I also agree that the PXC250 strangely sounds more natural with the noise cancelling on. It sounds so normal that after a while it starts feeling like you have no noise cancellation. It's only when you take the phones off that you realise they are really working well.

Mar 13, 2003 at 12:43 AM Post #52 of 58
Quote:

Originally posted by bangraman
It sounds so normal that after a while it starts feeling like you have no noise cancellation. It's only when you take the phones off that you realise they are really working well.

I get the same sensation. Sometimes I find myself flipping the noise reduction off and on just to comfirm that it's doing something (it is).

Also, though if I do a direct comparison against phones like the PX-100 or the KSC50, the 250s sound kind of distant and perhaps a little unclear, somehow when I'm just listening to them at the office the sound seems extremely neutral, natural and unfatiguing. Psycho-acoustically, they perform very well indeed.
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 13, 2003 at 2:23 AM Post #53 of 58
Hey guys,

I was just wondering if the Senn PXC-250's are available in the U.S. yet. And if so where a good deal might be... i've checked for myself but haven't been able to finding anything other than pre-orders

Mar 13, 2003 at 4:41 PM Post #54 of 58
I am working on an earclip mod for the PX200, my friends earclip cheapos (attached) broke and it looks promising to attach them to the PX200 drivers. So far I have only taken the headband of the PX200 off and I am finding a way that I could attach them to the clips but would still be able to put the headband back. I don't want to permanently damage my PX200 and am happy with it but if I can turn them to an ultra portable closed headphones, why not give a try. Besides those broken earclips lying on my desk is always tempting me everytime I look at them. If this turn out to look decent and is solid enough I'll send some pics. I wonder if I could use the warranty if I screw up my beloved PX200
frown.gif

Mar 13, 2003 at 11:11 PM Post #56 of 58
Quote:

Originally posted by VolunTEN
Hey guys,

I was just wondering if the Senn PXC-250's are available in the U.S. yet. And if so where a good deal might be... i've checked for myself but haven't been able to finding anything other than pre-orders

I got mine from J&R (www.jandr.com). I think headroom also has them (www.headphone.com). If they have them in stock I'd go with headroom because of their better return policy and sponsorship of this site.

Mar 14, 2003 at 12:30 AM Post #57 of 58
I've got my PX100 for about two weeks now and here's what I can tell:

My Etys 4P sound more accurate or more hi-fi if you like, but if I don't need the isolation, I grab the PX100 for portable listening, it's much more convenient to put on and off.

Somebody asked about comparison to Grado and other Senns. I've owned the HD600 for a while and the PX100 are more forward than the HD600. I've only heard the RS1 once at from what I can remember the RS1 are more forward than the PX100.

The PX100 have clearly too much bass in my opinion, but they're still very enjoyable especially with rock music. Since I'm not looking for audiophile bliss when listening to my portable setup, the PX100 fit the bill very nicely.

Mar 14, 2003 at 4:58 AM Post #58 of 58
mY px-200S were delivered yesterday from headroom, and they sound great. I spent the last 24 hours burning them in, playing my MP3 collection on shuffle while I was at work. My SlimX 350 came in today from Amazon, and is (dis)charging as we speak. Tomorrow should be a fun, fun time.
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back