Senn PX200 - WOW!
Nov 26, 2002 at 11:43 PM Post #31 of 58
Quote:

Originally posted by Radiohead
It is nearly twice the price, but I think you can see where the money's gone in terms of build quality and the case etc.. They're a beautifully designed portable 'phone.

B&B Hi-Fi in Reading had no problem letting me listen - and listen I did, for about 40 minutes....

biggrin.gif

Doubling the price would have been worth it for the audio quality alone.

FORTY MINUTES??? Couldn't you make your mind up?

Oh, I get it now - they were so great you just couldn't bare to take them off
biggrin.gif

Nov 27, 2002 at 1:13 AM Post #34 of 58
Does anyone with the PX-100/200 also own Grado phones? The reason I ask is because I really like to forward presentation of the Grados, but have never been wowed by the comparitively 'laid back' nature of the Senn 580/600s. Granted I have not heard the 580/600s through a decent amp, or with any of the cable mods
tongue.gif

So...are the PX-100/200s a 'polite' headphone??

Nov 27, 2002 at 7:25 AM Post #36 of 58
Quote:

Originally posted by bioxeed
I have a bad feeling i'm going to regret saying yes
smily_headphones1.gif

120ukp, or 185usd. (I just did that conversion on Yahoo - I didn't realise how worthless the pound had become recently :frowning2: )

Nov 27, 2002 at 10:37 AM Post #37 of 58
Quote:

Originally posted by mikel51
Did they have the PX250s availaable in the store? Did you listen to them?

Not in my local store - haven't seen these anywhere yet

smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 27, 2002 at 10:38 AM Post #38 of 58
Quote:

Originally posted by mtillman

FORTY MINUTES??? Couldn't you make your mind up?

Oh, I get it now - they were so great you just couldn't bare to take them off
biggrin.gif

ahem.....

wink.gif

Nov 27, 2002 at 5:23 PM Post #39 of 58
I'm confused, are the three models suposed to be of the same quality? 100, open phone, 200, closed phone, and 250 closed with noise cancelling, or are they suposed to increase in quality and price as you go up the list? Or both? (unless the drivers change it seems like a preference thing, is this correct?)

Nov 27, 2002 at 10:22 PM Post #40 of 58
hello!
where can i order these new headphones online? thank you for any information... have a happy thanksgiving.....

Nov 27, 2002 at 11:08 PM Post #41 of 58
AFAIK the new sennheiser 'phones are not available in the US right now. They are available in other countries, which is why some other people got them already. I am still waiting on an email from sennheiser about an estimated date for the US, but they haven't replied (i even sent out two to separate email addresses).

Mar 12, 2003 at 10:38 AM Post #44 of 58
I had the PX100's and I have the PX200's and they are OK, "pretty good", but when A/B to Koss PortaPro/KSC-35's, I prefer the Koss. The Sens seem a little thin in comparison. The PX100's were definately "dark" as others have described, I didn't like them. The PX200's sound better but don't offer much isolation (compared to even the PortaPros). The only reason I keep/like the PX200's still is that the headband allows you to wear it around your neck, so you can take them on/off easily when other people talk to you. The PortaPros will try to choke you around the neck so you have to take them completey off. Small thing, but enough for me justify keeping them for my go-around town set. Also the PX200 look way cool and come with that clever case. I almost chose the PX250's but you can't disconnect the headphones from the noise reduction module, which I wouldn't want to carry along on every occasion. I think the PX200's are the best of the bunch but Koss still has the best sounding cheapies.

Mar 12, 2003 at 12:03 PM Post #45 of 58
Bangraman, if they are 300 ohms I would think they'd be harder to drive without an amp of some sort. If you get the chance I'd be interested in your impressions in that circumstance.

Or I am meeting someone tomorrow who owns a pair. If you'd like I could ask him to bring them to give them a try.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back