Senn. Mx500 (sort of)
Apr 10, 2002 at 8:45 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

LTUCCI1924

Headphoneus Supremus
Please hear me out. I think I know why members are having such a problem with me. Probaly most of you members are young and have young ears that are working very well. So you can tell good stuff from bad stuff. I envee you that yous can hear great music with great cans. Now when I was young I was a hippy out in san franciso and we had free concerts every day in goldin gate park. I used to sit on the stage in front of a wall of amps and just melt. Through the years I have bought big home systems with big speakers and blow my head off with real loud music. My neighbors would call the cops but I could not answer the door because I could not hear them, the music was so loud. I did this for years. Now I am much more considerate and I still have a large home system but now use headphones so as not to bother my neighbors. Now I am 60 years old and my hearing my not be so good anymore. After much though I realize that if I take a set of very effishent earbuds and hit them with an amp that they sound real good to me. To you they may just sound ok, but you can hear better than me. I love music and even though I am old I still want to hear music. So I am adapting for my hearing loss by doing unconvent. things. I hope to hear music till I die. Please forgive my spelling and try to think how much different you and I might be hearing things.

Apr 10, 2002 at 8:55 PM Post #2 of 14
Hey Lou....don't sweat it, I'm right behind ya.
biggrin.gif

But I do have to ask.......why is this thread entitled Senn MX500? I think this should go in the Members Lounge forum.

Apr 10, 2002 at 11:42 PM Post #3 of 14
Quote:

I think I know why members are having such a problem with me

nah, that's not it man. the thing is, your situation, with over 60 years old, fooling around with earbuds, not so hot spelling and grammar or writing style, is just not helping your credibilty. things like opening a topic titled mx500 that has nothing to do with the earbuds in question. and hyping those slics, kinda felt like you were promoting them or something. you're just hard to follow man
cool.gif

but like Joe said, it don't matter, we'll get used to it, just stick around okay!

Apr 11, 2002 at 3:10 AM Post #4 of 14
Yea, Lou, just wait it all out, everyone's skepticism and bad opinions WILL disappear if you stick around and prove that you ARE into headphones and AREN't into selling or promoting them.
tongue.gif

Apr 11, 2002 at 5:12 PM Post #6 of 14
Hi Guys,

I can vouch for Lou - we have spent considerable time on the phone and he has ordered a number of products. (and returned them) Now I don't necessarily have the same tastes but he has been very consistent in what he does/doesn't like. Personal tastes vary as do the ability of each listeners ears. Lou has been searching long and hard for sonic satisfaction and all he was doing is try to share his joy in finally finding something for him. He is not a salesman for slick sound. He may not be a genius like some others seem to think they are but he is sincere in his acclaim for that product. To hear the joy in his voice when he finally found something he liked was priceless.
Remember - to each his own and the point of all this is to enjoy music whatever and however causes that to happen.

Todd

Apr 11, 2002 at 6:17 PM Post #7 of 14
Lou reminds me of my friend Jack. Jack was around 60 years old and introduced me to music by George Thorogood, The Band, and a lot of other artists that I would never have thought a guy his age would listen to. He was opinionated and passionate, sometimes a pain in the butt, but one of the best friends I ever had.

I hear the mx500's are headphones. Never tried them.

Apr 11, 2002 at 7:42 PM Post #9 of 14
As I mentioned in a previous post, I met Lou the other night. He is one of the most interesting and polite guys I have met in a long time. Picture this, Long white hair and a bag full of audio gear! That's Lou. Lemme shed some light on what was in his bag of tricks! First, his MX500 w/ slicsounds (which I also commented on in another post) they were plugged into a TAH which was fed by a Sony mini disc player. Ok, so now for the discs...Led Zep, Fleetwood mac and a whole bunch of Pink Floyd. Basically, Lou is, like many of us, a rocker at heart. Man, I hope when I'm 60 I have half the taste that Lou does in his tunes. He is one cool cat!

cheers,

Apr 11, 2002 at 10:18 PM Post #10 of 14
Quote:

Originally posted by 2 channel
Man, I hope when I'm 60 I have half the taste that Lou does in his tunes.

Yep, me too. Stick around Lou, you are a cool guy.

Apr 13, 2002 at 11:02 PM Post #11 of 14
Quote:

Originally posted by joelongwood
Hey Lou....don't sweat it, I'm right behind ya.
biggrin.gif

But I do have to ask.......why is this thread entitled Senn MX500? I think this should go in the Members Lounge forum.

To Joe Longwood

Off Topic I know. But great sig man. The Byrds rendition of My Back pages to me is the definitive version of that.

Glad to see that somebody else out there takes notice of Dylan and the Byrds.

Sound As Ever

Apr 13, 2002 at 11:15 PM Post #12 of 14
Quote:

Originally posted by KeVlaR

To Joe Longwood
Off Topic I know. But great sig man. The Byrds rendition of My Back pages to me is the definitive version of that.
Glad to see that somebody else out there takes notice of Dylan and the Byrds.
Sound As Ever

KeVlar, glad you like my sig. As a teacher for 30 years, I've always kept that verse in mind, when I find myself preaching to the kids. The version I like the best is the one that was done at Madison Square Garden, celebrating Dylan's 30 years with Columbia records. It's done by Neil Young, Roger McGuinn, Tom Petty, George Harrison, and Dylan......when Dylan steps in to sing the part "In a soldier's stance......." the crowd goes wild. It's electric! Try and find it.
biggrin.gif

Apr 13, 2002 at 11:24 PM Post #13 of 14
Joe,

Already got it mate
biggrin.gif

Been listening to Dylan as far back as I can remember. I grew up listening to Dylan as my father was a big of him. I'm now 28 and am still listening to the man and never cease to be amazed by little gems that I keep finding here and there.

Latest gem is from Love and Theft. Track called High Water (for Charlie Patton), written about the 1928 floods. Very evocative song.

Sound As Ever
listening to "My Back Pages" - Bob Dylan's 30th Anniversary Concert Celabration
played on Krell MD10/Studio DAC thru Stax Lambda Nova 'Phones

Apr 14, 2002 at 12:54 AM Post #14 of 14
"Love and Theft" is a GREAT album......as are most Dylan albums. I've been listening to Dylan since Roger McQuinn's 12 string rang out loud and clear on "Mr. Tambourine Man" back in '65. And then Dylan's snarl on "Like a Rolling Stone" changed pop music forever. I haven't stopped listening since. I consider Dylan the greatest songwriter of the 20th century. It's nice to know he's appreciated by those a lot younger than me.
smily_headphones1.gif

BTW...what the hell is the topic of this thread? It sure ain't Senn MX-500s.
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back