Senn IE8 -Where to buy?
Nov 17, 2008 at 3:21 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 30

bc1nurse

New Head-Fier
Joined
Jan 26, 2004
Posts
6
Likes
0
Have been reading the reviews posted, and really want to purchase a set. (Oh my aching wallet).
So where did you buy your IE8's? Most of the european outlets that I have found won't ship to the US, and Amazon's prices are almost twice what is being paid in the EU.
frown.gif

Any help is greatly appreciated.
 
Nov 18, 2008 at 12:23 AM Post #3 of 30

bc1nurse

New Head-Fier
Joined
Jan 26, 2004
Posts
6
Likes
0
Well, most of the messages seem to indicate a Web based store in Germany - mp3-player.de. However, they don't ship to the US.
The one UK store that I've found that will ship to the US (AskDirect.co.uk) seems to have a reasonable price (£149) but is asking £50 for shipping to the US. I don't really know if this is a good deal or not. So, I was looking for the experience of other Head-fiers to help me.
 
Nov 18, 2008 at 12:31 AM Post #4 of 30

pseudohippy

500+ Head-Fier
Joined
Mar 14, 2008
Posts
943
Likes
16
So if I did this right then it would be $298.35 including shipping? This would be alot better then buying them over here in the USA thats for sure. With all the taxes and dutys I would think it isnt too bad a price for shipping but does seem a bit high.
 
Nov 18, 2008 at 12:49 AM Post #6 of 30

soozieq

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Jul 17, 2007
Posts
3,210
Likes
20
Quote:

Originally Posted by pseudohippy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So if I did this right then it would be $298.35 including shipping? This would be alot better then buying them over here in the USA thats for sure. With all the taxes and dutys I would think it isnt too bad a price for shipping but does seem a bit high.


That is really expensive shipping!!! And you'd better calculate customs charges on top. I've never seen the IE8 for £149 anywhere in the UK, I think the cheapest anyone got them for was around £175. That is a STEAL if you can get them for that price. What shipping method is Ask Direct using? For that price, I'd want them delivered with a year's subscription to Krispy Kreme's!!!

EDIT: Why not ask a UK'er to get them for you? Shipping would be less than half Ask Direct's cost.
 
Nov 18, 2008 at 12:54 AM Post #7 of 30

soozieq

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Jul 17, 2007
Posts
3,210
Likes
20
Quote:

Originally Posted by bc1nurse /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The one UK store that I've found that will ship to the US (AskDirect.co.uk) seems to have a reasonable price (£149)


I just checked the site and it says the IE8 cost £174.95. Did you misread the amount?
 
Nov 19, 2008 at 4:24 AM Post #8 of 30

bc1nurse

New Head-Fier
Joined
Jan 26, 2004
Posts
6
Likes
0
Just from what they sent me in an email in response to an inquiry:

Thank your for your inquiry.

It will cost you £50.00 in postage to USA. The final cost is ££149.00 ex vat + £50.00 in delivery charges = £199.00.
 
Nov 19, 2008 at 5:01 AM Post #9 of 30

soozieq

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Jul 17, 2007
Posts
3,210
Likes
20
Quote:

Originally Posted by bc1nurse /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just from what they sent me in an email in response to an inquiry:

Thank your for your inquiry.

It will cost you £50.00 in postage to USA. The final cost is ££149.00 [size=medium]ex vat[/size] + £50.00 in delivery charges = £199.00.



Ask them what the vat is!! They haven't quoted you for it. Get them to confirm that's the final price. I think the vat will make them £174 (as quoted on their website), so your total is more likely to be £225. Check with them.
 
Nov 19, 2008 at 6:54 AM Post #10 of 30

vedye

100+ Head-Fier
Joined
Nov 5, 2008
Posts
122
Likes
11
Quote:

Originally Posted by soozieq /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ask them what the vat is!! They haven't quoted you for it. Get them to confirm that's the final price. I think the vat will make them £174 (as quoted on their website), so your total is more likely to be £225. Check with them.


Hi Julie,

I am getting my IE8 from this site... Just bank transfered the same price to them (the only method they accept for overseas order).

The price is 149 pounds is because they dont change VAT for countries outside EC (i guess it's related to Europe?). The buyer is responsible for any import duty may apply to their own country.

Luckily Australia does not charge import duty for items that are less than AU$1000 bought from internet. So 199 pounds will be my final price... (which is a lot coz AU$ is very low ATM).
 
Nov 19, 2008 at 7:04 AM Post #11 of 30

soozieq

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Jul 17, 2007
Posts
3,210
Likes
20
Quote:

Originally Posted by vedye /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So 199 pounds will be my final price... (which is a lot coz AU$ is very low ATM).


Okay, I just wanted to make sure they didn't add anything on to the final price. And I'm kind of brain dead today so I forgot the VAT doesn't apply to you
icon10.gif


It's not too bad a price, it's only a little more than I paid. But the shipping is really steep. You should have asked one of us in the UK to get it for you, the shipping would have been a whole lot cheaper. Never mind, you'll forget about that once you listen to the IE8
biggrin.gif
 
Nov 19, 2008 at 8:47 AM Post #12 of 30

vedye

100+ Head-Fier
Joined
Nov 5, 2008
Posts
122
Likes
11
Quote:

Originally Posted by soozieq /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Okay, I just wanted to make sure they didn't add anything on to the final price. And I'm kind of brain dead today so I forgot the VAT doesn't apply to you
icon10.gif


It's not too bad a price, it's only a little more than I paid. But the shipping is really steep. You should have asked one of us in the UK to get it for you, the shipping would have been a whole lot cheaper. Never mind, you'll forget about that once you listen to the IE8
biggrin.gif



Yeh thank you Julie! I do have a friend in UK and he agreed to do the favor for me. but turns out the price(with VAT of course) + extra shipping he needs to pay to ship to Australia is not much cheaper. So i'd rather pay the difference than troubling him too much (i'll find a way to give him the shipping fee too).

Can't wait to get to listen to the IE8 now!
biggrin.gif
 
Dec 30, 2008 at 10:51 AM Post #13 of 30

moseboy

1000+ Head-Fier
Joined
May 27, 2007
Posts
1,327
Likes
16
I hate to wake up this thread after a little over a month, but which eastern site that ships to the US offers the best deal when buying the IE8 these days?
 
Dec 30, 2008 at 12:07 PM Post #14 of 30

Feather225

1000+ Head-Fier
Joined
Oct 29, 2008
Posts
1,289
Likes
11
Quote:

Originally Posted by vedye /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi Julie,

I am getting my IE8 from this site... Just bank transfered the same price to them (the only method they accept for overseas order).

The price is 149 pounds is because they dont change VAT for countries outside EC (i guess it's related to Europe?). The buyer is responsible for any import duty may apply to their own country.

Luckily Australia does not charge import duty for items that are less than AU$1000 bought from internet. So 199 pounds will be my final price... (which is a lot coz AU$ is very low ATM).



My friend...bank transferring is not safe hey...just beware...most merchants accept other payment methods hey...
 
Dec 30, 2008 at 12:59 PM Post #15 of 30

musictang

Head-Fier
Joined
Dec 15, 2008
Posts
92
Likes
10
Quote:

Originally Posted by bc1nurse /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So where did you buy your IE8's? Most of the european outlets that I have found won't ship to the US, and Amazon's prices are almost twice what is being paid in the EU.
frown.gif

Any help is greatly appreciated.



Dealer Locator for USA:
Sennheiser USA - Dealer Locator

just too many of them, maybe there are some dealer near to u.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Top