Senn headphones ruined TF10 for me. Need IEM suggestions
Sep 19, 2015 at 8:48 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 18

PixelSquish

Previously known as idiotekniques
So I used to use the TF 10's all the time. Fell in love with them so much I bought a second pair of the M-Audio silver rebranded TF10's. 

In the interim I picked up the Senn HD600's and then the Senn Momentums (1st Gen) and used those primarily for the last year. 

Threw on the TF 10's last night and they just sounded muddy to me. Tried the M-Audio version and sounded exactly the same. 

So I need a new pair of IEM's. I enjoy sound with a wide soundstage, slightly recessed mids,  and more fun than analytical. Which sounds exactly like the TF10 sound signature, however they just became too muddy for me.
I need a TF10 version that is just slightly more analytical.

So What IEM would work for me? 

Can't splurge for the Westone 4's. Looking at my max budget being the Senn IE80s which are like 270 on Amazon. Thanks!

Sep 20, 2015 at 1:37 AM Post #5 of 18
  Might want to check out the Dunu Titan 1. They're less v-shaped than the TF10 but very clear with a big airy soundstage.

really a single driver setup can match up with the triple.fi's?

Sep 20, 2015 at 2:21 PM Post #6 of 18
Bump!

Sep 21, 2015 at 2:53 AM Post #8 of 18
I'd say the Ocharaku Donguri Keyaki or it's variants are also interesting.  The cheaper variants definitely fall in your price bracket.  They provide clear treble and nice bass.  The vocals also sound good.  I consider them my poor man's IE800s.  I think they fit your preferred sound signature.  

Sep 21, 2015 at 7:34 PM Post #9 of 18
had the Dunu's in my cart a few times after reading reviews, thanks for that suggestion (I think the Dunu 2000's will be my next set of IEMS) but decided to try the Senn IE 80 first. Just cause I reasoned if I loved the Senn sound so much I might as well roll with their highly regarded version. Plus the variable bass was kind of interesting to at least check out.

Sep 22, 2015 at 9:57 PM Post #10 of 18
man the IE80's are nice but still too muddy compared to the HD600's. Definitely better than the TF10's though, with the tape mod. I guess what I am asking for is the closest IEM to the HD600 sound signature, the cheapest clone if possible. Want to buy the DUNU DN-2000J's but the non removable cables are kinda tough to swallow. Also while the HD600's have amazing soundstage, the DN-2000j's are said to have a narrow soundstage. The HD600's manage to be analytical while with a large soundstage. Suggestions?

Sep 23, 2015 at 10:55 PM Post #11 of 18
alright so is the answer i need to pony up $700 and get something like the IE-800's? :)

Sep 23, 2015 at 11:39 PM Post #12 of 18
  alright so is the answer i need to pony up $700 and get something like the IE-800's? :)

Havi B3 Pro 1 would be your best bet but they really need good high quality amp to shine. I don't think you will like the Titan 1, it is quite V shaped and the treble gives me a headache after awhile and the bass can be a bit much at times.

Edit: Avoid the Pro 2 like the plague. Its your run of the mill average bassy iem.

Sep 24, 2015 at 1:59 AM Post #13 of 18
i'll suggest another direction. As an owner of the triple-fi's with custom wires and using comply foams, i was very impressed with the new soundmagic e80's and how their balanced sound reminded me of the triple-fi's. Fit is better on the E80's as well. At $60, you might be pleasantly surprised by these and save yourself from spending all sorts of crazy money trying to find a triple-fi successor.This is coming from someone that spent $700 on Sony's XBA-Z5's and was overall extremely disappointed with the sound. I was so used to a balanced sound and was always looking for an upgrade to the triple-fi's, but spending $700 didn't get me what I wanted. Probably would have been content with another pair of triple-fi's. I know a single Dynamic driver shouldn't be in the same league as the triple-fi's, but from a technological point, they are getting long in the tooth, so call me crazy, but an inexpensive balanced IEM, like the E80's, could be the equivalency of an entry level pair of the triple-fi's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back