Senn HD25 II - a good choice?
Sep 4, 2007 at 9:29 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 18

jirams

500+ Head-Fier
Have just ordered Sennheiser HD25 II to complement my Beyer DT880. Want a much more portable set of phones to go with my Corda Move & iPod 5g when away from base.

Have I made a good choice?

Regards to all

IanR

Sep 4, 2007 at 9:55 PM Post #3 of 18
i love the sound of my hd25!
but they still clamp my ears (with velour pads) to much after about an hour of listening.
frown.gif

portability wise they are sturdy but big (compared to my canal phones
wink.gif
)

happy listening!

ps: to me the recable was worth it, more mellow now...

Sep 4, 2007 at 11:21 PM Post #4 of 18
That headband has a memory, no matter what you try to do about it - suggest that when they're not on your head - store them on something that stretches them wider than your head. The width of your computer case works fine. If you try heating and stretching them - they will soon return to their orig. tightness. AAARGH But, otherwise - they're the best portables - the ONLY Senns. I care to own.

Sep 4, 2007 at 11:43 PM Post #5 of 18
iPod 5g + Move + HD25 is my portable rig. It's delightful.

Sep 5, 2007 at 12:26 PM Post #6 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by Skylab /img/forum/go_quote.gif
iPod 5g + Move + HD25 is my portable rig. It's delightful.

Skylab
I appreciate your confirmation here - I had suspected your approval after reading your review of the Move - I knew that you had tried it with the HD25 - nice to have this response.

Thanks to all the others for responding.

Sep 5, 2007 at 7:47 PM Post #11 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by Killercrush /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just be sure to ditch that stock steel cable for a HD650 cable or something similar.

yes. i just wish they'd offer a spiral cable (OFC) with 3.5mm plug. they must have read the countless posts of how these work well with portables, steel cable is for DJ's.

i like 'em with velour pads though this defeats the object of isolation slightly, but i feel this sound goes well with copper cable. they still isolate well though.

they can also be 'fashion phones' if you stick some coloured pads on.

Sep 5, 2007 at 10:23 PM Post #13 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by Firestarter /img/forum/go_quote.gif
they've been my trusty companions for over 2 years now
biggrin.gif

Oh wow you still use an Xclef HD-500... brings back memories.
biggrin.gif

Sep 5, 2007 at 10:45 PM Post #14 of 18
You guys are a bad influence. I'm going to order one of these shortly - the HD25 (and HD 650 cable) OR AH-D1000. I'm leaning towards the HD25 given their isolation (the denons dont isolate at all). I'm willing to trade off some comfort for isolation. I'm hoping extended listening (> 1 hr) is not going to be an issue with the HD25s. Also if anyone has any final words of wisdom before I pull the trigger, I'd appreciate it. Thanks guys !

Sep 6, 2007 at 1:26 PM Post #15 of 18
Got the HD25 delivered today - first impressions - How is the blood getting to the top of my head - they clamp soooooooooo tight.

Skylab - what settings do you have the Corda Move on with these phones?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back