Senn HD-555 Cable options
Mar 29, 2006 at 4:32 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

Horatio

New Head-Fier
Hi there. I've had a look around for some cable choices for my Sennheiser HD-555 'phones and I can't seem to find anything. Maybe I'm just looking in the wrong places?

The main reason is that I'd like a shorter cable but I'm interested in any options available.

Also, are there any accessories for the 'phones like I see for the HD-650s?

Many thanks!

Greg

Mar 29, 2006 at 5:40 PM Post #2 of 10
The cord on the HD555 is hardwired. The only way you could replace it/shorten it is to diy or find someone on Head-Fi that you could send your headphones to and would do the recabling/retermination for you.

Mar 30, 2006 at 1:48 AM Post #5 of 10
oh OK....but it doesn't need de-soldered; I just pulled the cable out myself. I took picrtures which I can post if you'd like.....
In any case, it sounds like any options are pretty much up to me

Thanks again!

Greg

Mar 31, 2006 at 12:46 AM Post #8 of 10
When you plugged the cable back in did the headphones work? The cable on the HD515 is hardwired as well and the only way it'll come out is if you pull and break the soldering inside.

Apr 3, 2006 at 3:45 AM Post #9 of 10
They work just fine.

I'm a newbie (like no one noticed
biggrin.gif
) so could someone give me a really good explanation on what you folks mean by "hardwired"? To me it means that something is permanently fixed (as in directly soldered) to something else. Everything else is connected by....connectors, I guess.

Here's the pictures I took;

Thanks, as always!

Greg

Aug 25, 2018 at 3:18 PM Post #10 of 10
I also have hd555 and I would like to know if it is possible change the connector to a balanced output. there are 4 cable:
red = right? left? + or -?
blue = right? left? + or -?
white = right? left? + or -?
black = right? left? + or -?

anyone have tried to mod the hd55 to balanced?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back