Senn. HD 497- that much better than the 477?
Oct 23, 2002 at 9:37 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

seeberg

Headphoneus Supremus
I bought the Sennhesier HD 477 for fifty dollars (that's 50$ for those unable to read) a few months ago and now I find that the price of the HD 497, considered to be one of the best budget cans, just wnet down in two places. At www.sennheiserusa.com , a refurbished set costs about 50$, and from at http://www.stereoheadphones.net/cart...product_id=246 ,
they sell them new for about 50$ as well. Should I upgrade and try to sell off my current cans(which happen to be in quite excuisite condition w/ all the packaging), or stay with my current ones?

Oct 24, 2002 at 12:07 AM Post #3 of 6
Well, what would I do with my current cans? If I got better performing ones, my current ones would be useless to me. Got any suggestions?

Oct 24, 2002 at 12:31 AM Post #5 of 6
How much do yuou think I can get for 'em- they have everything, even the BestBuy.com receipt, so they're still under warranty, and even the little black twist tie that binds the cord up.
They're in perfect condition and I broke 'em in over the three or four months that I've owned them. Do you have a link for the 'gear for sale' page?

Oct 24, 2002 at 1:05 AM Post #6 of 6
I tried both the HD 497s and HD 477s, and I liked the sound of the HD 497s MUCH better. Smoother and brighter. To me, the 477s have a harsh little peakiness in the midrange that makes trumpets and vocals and the like a little grating. The 477s are more comfortable.

Quote:

Originally posted by seeberg
I bought the Sennhesier HD 477 for fifty dollars (that's 50$ for those unable to read) a few months ago and now I find that the price of the HD 497, considered to be one of the best budget cans, just wnet down in two places. Should I upgrade, or stay with my current ones?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back