sellers deleting sale price after sale
Aug 6, 2010 at 11:48 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

zlobby

100+ Head-Fier
I am not sure if this is the right place to put this, but i dont understand why ALL the sellers on this site seem to delete their sale price after sale.  I am part of a bass forum, and it is generally understood that even if your item sells, you keep the price in the closed thread, as it serves as a marker for current market value.  While looking at completed ebay items is one way to gauge market value, i think its more effective to see what things are being sold for on the forums.  I realize this is an issue with individuals and not the site itself, but its something to consider.

Aug 6, 2010 at 2:12 PM Post #3 of 14
popcorn.gif

Aug 6, 2010 at 3:00 PM Post #5 of 14

Quote:
I didn't realize i was opening a can of worms here.  Is this really some sort of controversial topic?

Not really controversial.  It's just that it's been done ten million times.  

Oops, I mean ten million and one.

Aug 6, 2010 at 3:01 PM Post #6 of 14
ppl mostly do it because:
-they're ashamed to admit that they paid $1500 for a pimped DT770/Pro or $500 for a cable
-it removes the pressure off the next sellers/owners if they want to sell it too

Aug 6, 2010 at 10:00 PM Post #10 of 14

Quote:
While we're at it, why can't we post about religion and politics in all forums, huh?  

+1

Pretty much its for the re-sale value i sold one my hp on of the guys, and he sold it the same value.

people are people we do what we must to survive 

Aug 6, 2010 at 11:58 PM Post #11 of 14
That's just the listed price and it may not be the sold price. There could be haggling/bidding in PMs if there are multiple very interested buyers. Bottom line is how motivated is the seller or buyer.

Aug 7, 2010 at 4:23 AM Post #13 of 14
people do this because they dont want their prices too effect anyone elses who also are selling it.

if seller A is having trouble selling his set, and decides to drop the price then he should definitely edit his price out, so that it does not totally alter the market for that specific set.

Aug 7, 2010 at 4:27 AM Post #14 of 14
This time of the month/year again?
As the subject have been discussed hundreds of times before...

How about searching and reading up on all those threads? Should give you a pretty clear answer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back