seller question
Mar 29, 2006 at 1:39 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

pne

Headphoneus Supremus
I have a question for you guys. If you post an item on the f/s forums, and someone pm's you confirming they will take it, and sends you their address and tells you payment is coming in a few days. You box everything up and get ready to send it, and in a few days they pm you to back out. Would you leave a negative feedback?

Mar 29, 2006 at 1:51 AM Post #3 of 13
This is a tough issue, if I receive a PM from someone stating they are buying something I have for sale I would PM them right back to confirm they are indeed purchasing it and to finalize payment.

If he/she confirms and 2 or 3 days go by and he/she then contacts me to back out I would:
-If given a reasonable excuse just put it back up for sale.
-If given a cheap excuse (decided to go and purchase xyz) I would document it as negative feedback and put it back up for sale.

Things can happen like the engine blew up and he needs a new engine in his car instead of a headphone. Just my $0.02.

Mar 29, 2006 at 1:52 AM Post #4 of 13
nah, I don't think it warrants it. If you think he was playin' you or some underhanded shizzle, then maybe.

On a related note, I personally want people's buyer/seller etiquette to be known for all, even if a transaction didn't completely go through. Significant stuff, you know. I'd want to be aware of who fudges around, who communicates poorly, etc.

Mar 29, 2006 at 1:56 AM Post #5 of 13
fyi- this is not a headphone related sale on this forum. My girlfriend was selling some makeup products of which she wasn't making much on in the first place. Barely enough to cover the cost of the padded envelope, trip to the post office, etc. I think it is also a matter of the buyer wasting the sellers time, they should not confirm unless they are 100% sure they are indeed going to buy the item. I know some people will confirm with a buyer just so they can reserve that deal and take the item off the market so noone else gets a bite at it.

Mar 29, 2006 at 1:14 PM Post #6 of 13
Leave appropriate feedback describing the behaviour. If there is an additional rating system too, what you choose there is your call.

Mar 29, 2006 at 5:38 PM Post #7 of 13
I've definitely had that happen to me here, one real recently. Even sent me an email saying money was coming but never sent. Anyways, if they weren't rude during the transaction then I don't leave anything bad.

Mar 30, 2006 at 10:07 AM Post #10 of 13
Hi guys,

I know that maybe this is an stupid question, but how do i leave an feedback up here.
Have made an purchase recently here from some head-fier and like to give him an feedback.
biggrin.gif

Of course like to get one to.
eggosmile.gif

THX

Mar 30, 2006 at 10:19 AM Post #12 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by Blackmore
Hi guys,

I know that maybe this is an stupid question, but how do i leave an feedback up here.
Have made an purchase recently here from some head-fier and like to give him an feedback.
biggrin.gif

Of course like to get one to.
eggosmile.gif

THX

Go to the listing of all different head-fi forums by clicking on the head-fi logo at the top of the page.

Find the feedback forum in that list.

Do a search within that forum for the username you want to leave a feedback for - if nothing turns up, start a thread with that username as the thread title.

Mar 30, 2006 at 10:55 AM Post #13 of 13
Thank you very much, just found it.
eggosmile.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by jagorev
Go to the listing of all different head-fi forums by clicking on the head-fi logo at the top of the page.

Find the feedback forum in that list.

Do a search within that forum for the username you want to leave a feedback for - if nothing turns up, start a thread with that username as the thread title.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back