Sell my Shure SRH840 for SRH750dj?
May 12, 2012 at 3:32 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

iprefermusic

New Head-Fier
When I bought my SRH840's I was more of an all around music listener/musician, so not having crushing low end wasn't much of an issue. Due to a few events though, and my very sudden introduction to djing, I've started listening to a lot more electronic. The past two or three months of listening have been probably 90% electronic genres, compared to nearly zero before that.

Will the SRH750dj provide the lowend that the 840's are lacking? I borrowed my friend's skullcandy in-ears(I REALLY needed to listen to music then) and was blown away by the low end response. I could hear the extremely low lines in songs like Summit by Skrillex, without ANY bass boost on a low quality recording. Do the 750dj's have response to clearly hear all the way down to around 30hz? The SRH840's have amazing detail, but I can't use them when I cannot at all hear certain bass line notes in my most important music.

May 12, 2012 at 3:37 AM Post #2 of 3
I think the srh750dj is too uncomfortable, for just listening I would say look at a pair of ultrasone hifi 580 or hifi 780, and if you are going too be djing with them I would say its worth the extra money too get the pioneer hdj2000

580 : http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/547239-REG/Ultrasone_HFI_580_HFI_580_Closed_Back_Stereo_Headphones.html

780 : http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/547240-REG/Ultrasone_HFI_780_HFI_780_Closed_Back_Stereo_Headphones.html

dj2000 : http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=productlist&sku=616350&is=REG&A=details&Q=

May 12, 2012 at 4:21 PM Post #3 of 3
Quote:
When I bought my SRH840's I was more of an all around music listener/musician, so not having crushing low end wasn't much of an issue. Due to a few events though, and my very sudden introduction to djing, I've started listening to a lot more electronic. The past two or three months of listening have been probably 90% electronic genres, compared to nearly zero before that.
Will the SRH750dj provide the lowend that the 840's are lacking? I borrowed my friend's skullcandy in-ears(I REALLY needed to listen to music then) and was blown away by the low end response. I could hear the extremely low lines in songs like Summit by Skrillex, without ANY bass boost on a low quality recording. Do the 750dj's have response to clearly hear all the way down to around 30hz? The SRH840's have amazing detail, but I can't use them when I cannot at all hear certain bass line notes in my most important music.

The SRH750DJ is a somewhat bassy can that needs an amp to really shine. Of course, if you're coming from an SRH840, the bass will be a little overwhelming at first.

I don't think they are very uncomfortable, but I would suggest other cans around that price range. SONIC BOOM suggested the Ultrasone HFI 580s, and I thoroughly agree on his recommendation. The bass on this pair of cans is both punchy and detailed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back