Selecting Between 3 Phones
Oct 29, 2010 at 5:57 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

soratoyuki

New Head-Fier
Hello.

Recently, my Sennheiser PX-100s broke, and I've been using generic iPod earbuds for a few weeks now. I'm finally ready to buy a new pair, but I'm having trouble narrowing down exactly what I should buy. I'm mostly torn between getting another pair of PX-100s, or switching to the Grado SR60is or the Koss Portopros, but of course I'm open to other suggestions.

So, any recommendations? I'm trying to stay under $100 USD.

I used my old PX-100s mostly for music (various forms of rock and electronica), and usually use them outdoors/in public, so sound leaking is kind of a worry for me (and my PX-100s got me more than the occasional dirty look on long Metro rides). Comfort, while important, is less of an issue, because, while I wear them frequently, I rarely use them for more than an hour at a time, and I have dedicated over-ear phones for usage indoors.

Thanks in advance.

[[Actually, an addendum: Any thoughts on the PX 200-II. I love the idea of being closed and portable, since I do want noise isolation for myself and others, and I'm a fan of my original 100s. It seems like a pretty ideal combination if the sound quality is as good as I'd assume.]]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back