Seiun player, $150 player with monster spec. Too good to be true?
Nov 27, 2017 at 6:29 AM Post #1,517 of 1,652
I was so glose to buying a new dap on black friday but I decided to save my moneay & remain hopeful that we will finally get the Seiun sometime next year...

Am I stupid?

Also why are they confirming adresses for the PHA when they haven't even delivered the daps yet!? Such *swearword*s

Nov 27, 2017 at 8:31 AM Post #1,518 of 1,652
I was so glose to buying a new dap on black friday but I decided to save my moneay & remain hopeful that we will finally get the Seiun sometime next year...

Am I stupid?

Also why are they confirming adresses for the PHA when they haven't even delivered the daps yet!? Such *swearword*s

No, you aren't "stupid". But after this long, I have no confidence this DAP will ever appear. And keep in mind that with new DAP's from a relatively inexperienced company, there are bound to be lots of problems. Picking up an established DAP from an established company might be a good idea. Shanling M1 and Cayin N3 are good options among others. No streaming or wifi though. Pioneer's entry level player is pretty good and can stream. Keep them in good shape and you probably can sell them at little loss if the Pro x ever is released and is good (very slim chance I think). I crowdfunded another player that was announced about the same time as this one and they finally delivered 18 months late and the players have issues. The Pro X must be 2 years late by now. I'll never crowdfund again.

Nov 27, 2017 at 11:43 AM Post #1,519 of 1,652
No, you aren't "stupid". But after this long, I have no confidence this DAP will ever appear. And keep in mind that with new DAP's from a relatively inexperienced company, there are bound to be lots of problems. Picking up an established DAP from an established company might be a good idea. Shanling M1 and Cayin N3 are good options among others. No streaming or wifi though. Pioneer's entry level player is pretty good and can stream. Keep them in good shape and you probably can sell them at little loss if the Pro x ever is released and is good (very slim chance I think). I crowdfunded another player that was announced about the same time as this one and they finally delivered 18 months late and the players have issues. The Pro X must be 2 years late by now. I'll never crowdfund again.

I approve of this message.

Nov 27, 2017 at 2:28 PM Post #1,520 of 1,652

Because they mention that they would deliver the PHA dac/amp first 2 months ago.

You can also read this as "something went horribly wrong with the DAP", so they release the "easier" perk first.

But hey, it doesn't mean we'll get the dac/amp soon, it may be another way to make backers wait instead of asking for more refunds.

Dec 10, 2017 at 9:08 AM Post #1,521 of 1,652
Cyberdrive business motto

2 fingers ..boo yeah.gif

Dec 20, 2017 at 5:19 AM Post #1,524 of 1,652
I requested a refund a few days ago and haven't heard anything from them so far. I'm done with this. Good luck to those that keep faith!

Jan 7, 2018 at 3:19 AM Post #1,526 of 1,652
I've just had my confirmation of address email, might actually see my PHA yet?!

Hi Paul,

We are sorry for the late update. Due to the operation department is working on the quality testing before delivery, the RD team and the operators take a little longer than we expect.

Here we wanna thanks for your patience. We are very pleased to tell you that the cargo is ready to ship next week.

Please kindly check the following information of your PHA package

Address: removed
Zip Code: removed
TEL. : ?
Name: removed
Perk: Seiun PHA*1

Please kindly inform us your phone number.

We've attached the actual photo of PHA for your reference. The tracking number will be provided once the package has been sent.

Please reply us to make sure that the information is correct.

Thank you again and wish you a lovely day. We are waiting for your reply.

Sincerely,
The Cyberdrive Team

Jan 7, 2018 at 3:43 AM Post #1,527 of 1,652
Ditto. Interesting times ahead!

Can anyone on here remember if Cyberdrive actually posture the expected output power of the PHA in terms of which cams it will drive?

Jan 7, 2018 at 3:56 AM Post #1,528 of 1,652
I've just had my confirmation of address email, might actually see my PHA yet?!
As you can see, I was asked for the same information on November 27th, but nothing since then. So much for the "next week cargo shipping" (which doesn't mean much by the way).

To me it's just another move to gain some time and prevent people from asking refunds.

Last edited:
Jan 7, 2018 at 4:50 AM Post #1,529 of 1,652
As you can see, I was asked for the same information on November 27th, but nothing since then. So much for the "next week cargo shipping" (which doesn't mean much by the way).

To me it's just another move to gain some time and prevent people from askinf refunds.

Could well be the case. At this point, I've given up on this project. I don't really need the PHA or Pro (if they ever do something for those of us who went for the non-X version), I can't be bothered to waste more time and effort asking for a refund and I'm just hoping that by doing so at least someone will get some usable great out of this farce.

That said, if the PHA does ever turn up, I'll probably review it. If it unexpectedly turns out decent, I'll be happy to say so, but I'm also going to be more than happy to share my experience on the whole crowdfunding experience with this bunch of cowboys at the same time, whatever the quality of the product.

Time for this undead campaign to finally get put to rest.

Jan 7, 2018 at 9:17 AM Post #1,530 of 1,652
CyberDrive appears to be on the level this time, at least with the PHA. I have no idea how may PHAs they are shipping out right now, but I have one coming in the mail right now. The USPS tracking number I've received is authentic and the package left Santa Clara on 1/5/18 and is expected to arrive at my home in Texas on 1/8/18... If its late to arrive, that'll be because of the USPS... In any event, the PHA program appears to be alive... As for the Seiun Pro/Pro X, who knows? I do agree with others here, though... Between this campaign and the total fiasco that is the Geek Wave campaign, I will never, ever, ever participate in another IGG campaign.... After I've had a bit of time with the PHA, I will post some early impressions here. Hopefully, all the rest of you waiting on the PHA will receive yours soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back