Seiun player, $150 player with monster spec. Too good to be true?
Sep 30, 2016 at 8:13 AM Post #1,126 of 1,652
Reality v expectation = Disappointed people.
This last update should have been how all updates should have been. Informative and honest good or bad... Most of my funded campaigns are way over predicted time.... Just better managed backer expectations.....
We can't have the cake and eat it...development with increasing improvements and fixing new issues...
It's like in work...how long Dave..10 mins boss...30 mins later a rant...
How long Dave an hour tops boss.
30 mins later ...Good lad thanks..
Same out come... Rushed and wrong...Rant...

I need a new boss BTW....
I am saving my critical commentary when it's in my hand. There is already enough wrong with crowd funding and a cheap item is cheap for a reason.... Time and delay is one of them....
It's the end result that counts...

Read back from the start....every possible thing to go wrong is there but forgotten about.. a few months verse I want it Nooow... Patients my Dap loving friends...

Oct 6, 2016 at 8:09 AM Post #1,127 of 1,652

If you can't stand the heat, get the hell out of the kitchen! Everyones opinion is valid on an open forum, you don't have to like others opinions, just read them and move on without the patronizing lecture. These guys need to lift their game and get the product out to investors without dicking with other products that came about later on. This practice pisses people off, myself included. The investment amount is not the issue here, the principle is. They got my money and it seems like some of it might have been used to develop other products while the product I funded gets delayed numerous times. This is getting ridiculous now and these practices sour the general public from investing in other start-ups as they see what happens with some of the programs and get scared off and this does nobody any good and the whole industry(crowd funding) gets a bad rap. My 2c worth.  

Completely agrees.

If I may add a good example of their disastrous communication, it's the last upate about shipping order:

The first lot of products will scheduled to the following locations: China, Taiwan, HK, Japan, and the U.S.A.
The rest areas will be scheduled right after. We will arrange the shipping time in accordance with the chronological orders from our system. We also will make sure every backer receive their items.

I'm sorry, it doesn't make any sense when I read that.

Either you ship items everywhere following the chronology of orders, or you explain the TECHNICAL/LEGAL reasons why you let down half of the planet (including 3 whole continents: South America, Europe and Africa). If it has to do with CE marking for Europe, just say it, but I doubt you even care about this. If it's about the various power specs and plugs, I'm speechless...

When I read this, my (hypothetical) assumption is that I am not as important as people from these countries, or you got most of your orders from these countries, so you don't want to go through the hassle of organizing worldwide shipping now.

I can now safely assume I won't get the PHA DAC/amp in 2016 since I'm not part of the "top tier" countries.
rolleyes.gif

Oct 15, 2016 at 8:41 AM Post #1,128 of 1,652
Looking Nov maybe Dec with the new update. looks nice and can't wait to review them... I want this so I can use
as transport for my Mytek Brooklyn and stop using my phone...
Hope everyone is good here
Keep smiling regardless
Kind Regards
Dave:blush:

Oct 15, 2016 at 11:31 PM Post #1,132 of 1,652
Progressv is welcome on this - judging by the 5000 units they need to produce and the expected run rate of 500 units a week, I think it's safe to say that the European orders will be shipping on the new year. Something to look forward to in 2017! :wink:

Oct 16, 2016 at 12:11 PM Post #1,140 of 1,652
Like everyone here, I hope that CD will be able to start delivering the Pro X soon; they still seem to have quite a bit of work to go to finish up the supply they need to honor all their IGG backers.  I can fully understand why people not in Asia or the US are feeling slighted by having to wait longer for their Pro X, but this feeling only assumes that the first production runs are all bug free...  Since I live in the US, I anticipate that I will receive my ProX from one of the early production runs.  I, and others who receive these early units, will have some time to offer feedback (reviews) and assess the performance/functionality of the player...  I really hope these early units perform as expected, but if they don't, then those who are scheduled to receive units later may benefit from any hardware/firmware corrections that need to be made and may not have the hassle of trying to return defective players....Hopefully, CD has a good QC program in place to identify defective units prior to delivery, but only time will tell.  All in all, I remain positive on this CD campaign and I hope to hear from them soon (by the end of this month) to confirm delivery of the Pro X.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back