Sega Genesis games to be offered on Nintendo Revolution
Mar 24, 2006 at 4:58 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

hongda

100+ Head-Fier
Who else is excited? Sega Genesis games will be offered as part of the online "legacy" library available for purchase to play on the Nintendo Revolution.

Mar 24, 2006 at 5:04 PM Post #2 of 17
Wow! I remember the bitter Sega vs. Nintendo rivalry of the early 90's. It's interesting to see how it has all played out.

What I really want is Wonderboy on my DS.

Mar 24, 2006 at 5:27 PM Post #4 of 17
Go Sonic!
icon10.gif

Mar 24, 2006 at 5:41 PM Post #6 of 17
And the plot thickens as I continue to hold off my Gamecube purchase with high hopes for the Revolution...

Mar 24, 2006 at 6:43 PM Post #8 of 17
I never got to finish Shining In The Darkness back in the day, nows my chance I guess .....

Mar 24, 2006 at 8:36 PM Post #13 of 17
There's so many great Genesis games that need to be ported to the Revolution. Kid Chameleon, Streets of Rage, Cyborg Justice (one of the best Genesis games ever, IMO), Sonic, Atomic Runner, plus SNES and N64 games (read: GoldenEye)...

If Nintendo pulls this off right, the Revolution's going to have massive sales for the classic game library alone. Now, they need to add online multiplayer support to these games.

Mar 24, 2006 at 8:53 PM Post #14 of 17
Oh yeah.... Holy Buttfreak Batman! Finally, Chrono Trigger, Earthbound, and Phantasy Star all on the same console! Too bad Ebay, you ain't gettin' none of my green
biggrin.gif
Now if they could work on getting stuff like Radiant Silver Gun and Panzer Dragoon Saga...
eek.gif

Catch you later,
Id

Mar 24, 2006 at 8:57 PM Post #15 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by Squeek
Wow! I remember the bitter Sega vs. Nintendo rivalry of the early 90's. It's interesting to see how it has all played out.

What I really want is Wonderboy on my DS.

Seriously. I remember the days when everyone was saying, "If Nintendo and Sega got along, everything would be ok."

But Sony and Microsoft make much better enemies.
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back