Seeking recommendation for my first Dac+Amp combo
Apr 2, 2018 at 10:58 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

EmareX

New Head-Fier
Hi Head-Fiers,
I am a long time lurker and new member, its a pleasure to join this community.

As the title says, I saved up some money and ready to buy my first Dac+Amp combo, but there are so many choices and conflicting reviews, I am kinda lost.

I am a simple music listener, for a very long time I listened to Logitech gaming headphones with my onboard soundcard, and it was good enough for me, until I purchased a m40x, and I feel like my onboard soundcard isnt enough anymore.

Headphones I own:
Easy to drive stuff like M40x, SHP9500. I want to get a CB-1 soon. Thats it. I may get a sub 200$ headphone in future, I really liked that HD6xx.

Budget:
As low as possible, 350$ max. The thing is, I cant afford to spend money on a hobby every now and then. I can make an one time expensive purchase (300-350$ is very expensive for me) if the Dac+Amp can serve me for a very long time (preferably until I die). Or I would rather spend ~100$ for something the gets the job done for now.

Requirements:
Its for desktop use with my PC. I dont need lots of bells and whistles. Balanced output would be nice for future (I dont have anything balanced yet), DSD would be added bonus (I doubt I would hear the difference over FLAC). A remote would be great, again not a must. Primary requirement is sound quality and build quality (so it lasts longer).

What I liked so far:

Micca Origen+ driver install is not an issue for me, I can also use the optical in.

Fiio Q1 Mark 2 I dont need the portability, but this has pretty nice features for the price. I am actually worried about its longevity, battery and volume control damage over time. Its not a desktop piece, right?

Aune X1s: At the edge of my budget, I can pair it with a x7s later.

I really dont know much about audio electronics. I did some googling and reading on these forums thats all. I am here because I need your help. This is an important purchase for me.

Thank You, sorry for the long read.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back