Seeking Help Identifying a Track
Nov 5, 2008 at 5:29 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

kelston

100+ Head-Fier
This is only forum I visit that has a large community of music lovers so I thought I would take this long shot.

One of my friends had 7 songs ripped for him years ago. He's not sure where he got them but on our rediscovery of it, decided they were good and wanted to find info. It has 7 tracks, trance/techno music.

I have one uploaded to FileFront, though i'm not sure if it's kosher to put a link to ripped music here(?).

Anyway, the tagging information lists the following for it:

Artist: Keiji Haino; Peter Brötzmann
Album: Evolving Blush or Driving Original Sin

However, it is wildly incorrect since, as it turns out, that album by those two artists is an improvisational jazz album that sounds absolutely nothing like techno/trance.

I tried deleting the tagging info and querying freedb, but got back 3 results that also are wholly incorrect (Sting, another jazz singer, and some poetry recital).

So, if you were faced with this sort of mystery, what would you do to track down what these songs are?

Little extra info, don't know if it will help or not, it does appear that at least 1 or 2 other people on Youtube have the same problem. They uploaded videos with a techno/trance track asking for info on the song and noted it was also tagged Haino/Brotzmann.

Nov 5, 2008 at 6:12 AM Post #2 of 3
my friend with an iphone has a handy app than can identify most songs by just a few seconds of playtime, even with no lyrics... this might be something to consider. I'm sure there is other software like this that doesn't require an iphone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back