Seeking advice regarding purchasing a DAP
Nov 9, 2019 at 3:57 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Cmahesh

New Head-Fier
Hi,

I used to listen to music (mainly classical music) when travelling using my iphone 6S or ipad pro as the audio player, Fiio A3 as the amplifier and MeeAudio Pinnacle P1 (or Sennheiser CX 5.00) as the IEM. Now I am considering buying a dedicated DAP as my ipad and iphone are running out of space. Of course I am not rich enough to go for a high end Astell&Kern or a Sony model, so looking for a good budget DAP for less than 300$. I expect to have good audio reproduction for classical music, should be able to drive my Pinnacle P1 adequately, should be able to extend the memory capacity to at least around 1TB. DSD Capability and bluetooth are also plus points. Is Hidizs AP80 a good choice for me? Or are there any better alternatives for my budget?

Thank you

Nov 9, 2019 at 6:14 AM Post #2 of 4
Hi,

I used to listen to music (mainly classical music) when travelling using my iphone 6S or ipad pro as the audio player, Fiio A3 as the amplifier and MeeAudio Pinnacle P1 (or Sennheiser CX 5.00) as the IEM. Now I am considering buying a dedicated DAP as my ipad and iphone are running out of space. Of course I am not rich enough to go for a high end Astell&Kern or a Sony model, so looking for a good budget DAP for less than 300$. I expect to have good audio reproduction for classical music, should be able to drive my Pinnacle P1 adequately, should be able to extend the memory capacity to at least around 1TB. DSD Capability and bluetooth are also plus points. Is Hidizs AP80 a good choice for me? Or are there any better alternatives for my budget?

Thank you

You can ask the others in this thread:
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/obscure-chinese-daps.720512/

Quite good bang for buck stuff there, they've given me good advise in the past regarding DAPs.

Nov 9, 2019 at 7:29 AM Post #3 of 4
Hi,

Thank you
$300 is tough. Honestly, spend a little more and get the M11 or if you can find a used M11 Pro. For $300 new your gonna get crap. Or, you can get an AKjr I have one and tho it's a tad dated, if your not using it for wifi or BT, it sounds rather awesome!

Last edited:
Nov 9, 2019 at 7:53 AM Post #4 of 4
Dx120

Users who are viewing this thread

Back