Seeking a new recommendation to replace Uptowns
Aug 20, 2012 at 7:56 PM Post #6 of 21
Have you considered the JVC HA-S500? They won't be available to try out at Guitar Center or Best Buy but you can find them for sale online (Amazon, eBay) as well as the classifieds here. Very bass heavy.

Aug 21, 2012 at 7:52 AM Post #8 of 21
Quote:
I hadn't even heard of them honestly, but if they just very bass heavy im not sure if it'd be up my ally. I want something with enough punch in the bass but doesnt compromise on the mid/highs that bad. I've been thinking about saving up for the V-Moda LP2's, not sure yet because of the earlier concerns with the LP's. Idk. I guess I just have a bunch of searching I have to do.

wait for the m100..

Aug 21, 2012 at 4:03 PM Post #10 of 21
Quote:
When are these supposed to come out do you know? Also what is the price range going to start at?

The M100's are on pre order as we speak. They start for 310 US Dollars. There is a lot of hubbub going on with these specific ones. They are supposed to be "Freaking Awesome!" as some put. The M100's should sound more flat compared to V-Moda's previous releases such as the LP's, LP2's, M80's, etc. They should come out soon this year hopefully. 

Aug 21, 2012 at 8:28 PM Post #12 of 21
You might look into the Panasonic HTF600s.  They're surprisingly good for the price, and they are *very* punchy, while remaining almost as clear as the Uptowns.  Of course, the build quality is not as good, but then, they're $30.  Either that, or get a DAC/amp.  I've found my Uptowns to have plenty of punch.

Aug 21, 2012 at 8:48 PM Post #13 of 21
Quote:
Thanks for the information. I guess the few little issues with the M100's I have is that firstly, they are 310, about 1/3 of over my budget x.x Secondly Idk if im really after something flat as much as I am something that is going to have enough bass to give me a thump but still retain clairity in the Highs as well as clean mids. What I've been looking at from V-Moda is the LP's and LP2's. The LP's scare me in the sense that a lot of people said they broke (plastic chipped away etc etc) and im curious if that wasn't fixed in the LP2's. Really any information as well as other headphone recommendations. 

Now the LP's are pretty bass punchy. Some say it has WAY too much bass, but to me, they are not as bad as people say they are. The plastic hasn't broken off for me and I have had it for about a week now :l The LP's are super comfy when you put them on, but after a few hours, they tend to hurt a bit since they clamp a bit more than your usual headphones. I get use to them after a while. I love the LP's since they are my first set of headphones. If you have any questions about them, feel free to PM me or something ^^

Users who are viewing this thread

Back