Beautiful...
FC8E75A1-FD53-424A-87C4-EAA7BB5BC9CC.jpeg

1A0D98C3-8139-477E-843F-F3126FDFBB1C.jpeg
2534EACF-3833-4791-8C1F-43E8AAF44B7C.jpeg
0D2990FC-BC53-4EC9-A7EB-BA838F9CD1BC.jpeg
01561544-8A9D-4DEF-B5ED-FB05FB1A0B88.jpeg

May 17, 2021 at 3:16 PM Post #63 of 197
Beautiful...

They are beautiful sets! I think the Yume is a very strong performer in that price range. I hope you enjoy your set. :)

Unfortunately for me, I have a big, permanent thumb/fingerprint of whoever put my left earpiece together. Still no action from SeeAudio...

edit 09/27/21: SeeAudio replaced my unit. They properly supported their product.

Last edited:
May 17, 2021 at 3:20 PM Post #64 of 197
They are beautiful sets! I think the Yume is a very strong performer in that price range. I hope you enjoy your set. :)

Unfortunately for me, I have a big, permanent thumb/fingerprint of whoever put my left earpiece together. Still no action from SeeAudio...
wow, a fingerprint!
So far, I'm very impressed. Best tuned, I can understand "SeeAudio is started by ex-qdc engineer" rumor.

The bass response shows some potentials and I may tear off the acoustic filter after the burn-in to see if Yume can unleash real dynamic driver potentials.

May 17, 2021 at 3:25 PM Post #65 of 197
wow, a fingerprint!
So far, I'm very impressed. Best tuned, I can understand "SeeAudio is started by ex-qdc engineer" rumor.

The bass response shows some potentials and I may tear off the acoustic filter after the burn-in to see if Yume can unleash real dynamic driver potentials.
Yeah, a glue covered fingerprint. Let me know how taking off the acoustic filter works for you. I found the Yume's bass lacking for percussive bass/drum-oriented music. Now female vocals... :xf_cool:

May 17, 2021 at 11:09 PM Post #67 of 197
May 22, 2021 at 3:17 AM Post #68 of 197
Ok, after burn-in, I still feel something needed to be done for Yume’s bass, witu stock dumper filter removed, it sounds hollow too, so I ordered paper filter from Aliexpress, cheap 3.5usd for various sets. Will try with Yume and see if bass could be improved.

https://a.aliexpress.com/_mKkvqVx
I will leave The paper dumper filter link if any Yume owner feels the bass isn’t done right.

May 22, 2021 at 11:50 AM Post #70 of 197
My video about Yume

I love your Veedix Silver String review!
By any chance you can compare Silver String vs Mangird Tea or Yume, any other similar ranged IEMs?

And I agree with your Yume’s review, Yume although frequency response chart look similar to Moondrop’s blessing2, the bass I perceive is much less dense. Like those of Etymotic “light”.

I feel in I need some more sense of bass for Yume, and in progress of trying the fix.

Last edited:
May 23, 2021 at 2:25 PM Post #71 of 197
By any chance you can compare Silver String vs Mangird Tea or Yume, any other similar ranged IEMs?

I didn't test Mangrid, but you know, when I was testing Yume, I thought about Veedix. And surprisingly, not like they are really close, but they bear some kind of similarity in basic idea: uncoloures sound without any "additions", but at the same time not a typical "monitoring" tuning. Hope I managed to express my perception well

Jun 7, 2021 at 3:30 PM Post #72 of 197
Hello, how do Yume fare in the $150 category? I'm currently looking at Moji Monica H20, Audiosense DT200 and possibly Fiio FH3. Appreciate the help. TIA

Last edited:
Jun 7, 2021 at 5:47 PM Post #73 of 197
Hello, how do Yume fare in the $150 category? I'm currently looking at Moji Monica H20, Audiosense DT200 and possibly Fiio FH3. Appreciate the help. TIA

Are you looking only for a hybrid? (edit: the DT200 is BA only, right?) What genres do you listen most to? IMO, the Yume has very strong performance for some genres, but not in others.

I have moved on from the Yume to underpowering, using an Apple dongle for DAC, the Penon FAN using a smaller than normal tip for a deeper insertion. It gives me a Harman-ish response with generally improved performance over the Yume. YMMV

Last edited:
Jun 7, 2021 at 11:19 PM Post #74 of 197
Yume sound OK, but I do not recommend, you have straight upgrades to Blessing 2 Dusk, and they are coming the blessing-EST.
I’d rather recommend Moondrop Aria with few tweaks over Yume. Or for similar 2+1( 1 full range BA+1trebleBA+1DD), I’d recommend TRI Starsea for $129.

Jun 8, 2021 at 1:03 AM Post #75 of 197
Are you looking only for a hybrid? (edit: the DT200 is BA only, right?) What genres do you listen most to? IMO, the Yume has very strong performance for some genres, but not in others.

I have moved on from the Yume to underpowering, using an Apple dongle for DAC, the Penon FAN using a smaller than normal tip for a deeper insertion. It gives me a Harman-ish response with generally improved performance over the Yume. YMMV
Ah my bad should have specified my preferences. I generally listen to a variety of genres like folk, pop, rock, metal, hip-hop, Indian classical, Bollywood etc. So I prefer my IEMs to be neutral yet have some fun factor. Harman is fine, but I've learnt that not everything sounds good via Harman curve. I have not researched much about 2020 curve.

DT200 was there because it's in the same price bracket and has good reviews. I know it's difficult to compare hybrids with BA only sets but wanted to check how they fare against hybrids, if difference is not much then it is worth considering them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back