Secure iPhone 4 & Headstage Arrow Together?
Feb 5, 2011 at 11:35 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

Erieg

100+ Head-Fier
Ok, this might be a silly question but I just ordered a Headstage Arrow and was wondering how I was going to secure it and my iPhone 4 together. The wide rubber band will either block the home button or part of the screen.

Has someone found a graceful solution?

Feb 6, 2011 at 12:06 AM Post #2 of 11
Go to the plumbing section, and check out the o-rings.  Get some nice thin 1/32" or 1/16 o-rings in various diameters that look about right.  They go right above the home button and right below the front camera.  If you are careful, you can even leave the rear camera lens unobstructed - Note - This works brilliantly on my touch 4G.  The iPhone 4 looks to have a touch more real estate to work with, so it should work even better.  They don't need to be that tight either.

Feb 6, 2011 at 11:36 AM Post #3 of 11
Very cool. Thank you! My wife is dragging me to Home Depot today so I will take a look around.

Feb 6, 2011 at 9:19 PM Post #7 of 11
Ok, I never made it to Home Depot. My wife and I were able to shop kid free and ended up at bed, bath and beyond for what felt like the rest of whatever youth I have left. Between that and my LOD hunt my day is shot.

I thought of velcro but to be honest I don't want adhesives on my iPhone. This might sound silly but it's too pretty for that. The amp looks beautiful as well. That's the same problem with the dual-sided tape that they (or him?) include with the amp. I will be using my phone much more often without the amp than with it.

Maybe I will look for small case I can keep the amp in that I can somehow slide the phone in when needed sorta like some kind of portable hard drive/iphone case monster.

I am holding out hope for the o-ring idea though. It seems so much cleaner. I love the look of the old iPods banded to the amp with the fat bands that some amp maker sells but I like touch screens better.

Feb 6, 2011 at 10:01 PM Post #9 of 11
I think the straps might be great. On the top end there is plenty of room (I haven't used face time yet so bye camera) and along the bottom it might be possible to still press the home key through it. Only issue I have is do I have any rolls of velcro left in the server room or do they sell more aesthetically pleasing straps some where.. Hmm.  I like this idea because velcro is pretty tough and you can cut away at it and it keeps its integrity unlike rubber which will fail if you clip too much away. Thanks! Two great ideas you have given me.

Know anything about LODs? Kidding.. sorta.

Feb 6, 2011 at 10:13 PM Post #10 of 11
If you want to get off really cheap, a send station from headroom or somewhere, and a short mini to mini.  If you want to spend about $65, search ebay for a low profile, this looks decent:

http://cgi.ebay.com/IPod-IPhone-Ultra-low-profile-LINE-OUT-DOCK-LOD-SPOFC-/180621802503?pt=Other_MP3_Player_Accessories&hash=item2a0de5fc07#ht_2787wt_1141

I ended up with a whiplash used for $75 or $80, just for a touch of cool factor.

These are on the FS, a little spendy, but nice!

http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/537591/fs-alo-cryoxsilver-imod-lod

http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/537679/qusp-twisted-cables-low-profile-ipod-iphone-lod-w-cryo-parts-silver-scscag-wires

Personally, I like that one on ebay.  Search "ipod lod" and a bunch of them come up in a bunch of price points.  Short, flexible wires are better in my opinion.  I don't like single strand wire - too stiff.

Have fun!

Feb 6, 2011 at 10:30 PM Post #11 of 11
Thanks. Trust me.. "ipod LOD" has been burned into my muscle memory. I see all sorts of prices but I have no idea about the difference. LOL. I just read your equipment list. I ordered the quads last week. 1964 is here in town and I have read great things. I also ordered the HS arrow last night. That's why I really want to find an LOD that will get here in 2 weeks.

Basically I have gone from my iphone and vmodas that the right side kept falling out of my ear to what I hope is a little bit of a step up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back